“The Best 1 day Kayak Trip”
Review of North Island Kayak

North Island Kayak
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kayaking tours with the Orcas, Humpback Whales and other wildlife direct from Telegraph Cove. We offer the very best in all inclusive, guided kayak tours from 2 hours to 8 days with a focus on unobtrusive wildlife observation and fun kayaking for all. Separate family and adult adventures, great base camps and exceptional nomadic expeditions. Over 250 killer whales, an ever increasing number of Humpback Whales and a plethora of other animals are at home each summer in our backyard of Johnstone Strait, Robson Bight and the Broughton Archipelago. North Island Kayak is the only kayak tour or rental company located in Telegraph Cove. We have multiple tours on the water every day to serve you better. We are the local option with the local knowledge. Come experience the difference. We also provide kayak rentals for those with appropriate experience.
Tauranga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best 1 day Kayak Trip”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Thank you Joshua! This was an incredible day of sightseeing on the water, one of the absolute hightlights of my holiday. We were able to get so close to the Porpoise and young. It was quite magical seeing them from a peaceful kayak - just like being at one with nature....
Salmon were jumping everywhere - one literally almost into my arms, the trip could only have been better if I'd allowed more time to be there.
Joshua was a brilliant guide and showed us all around the cove, my only advise to improve on what I did would be to take a longer adventure.
I will be back for sure!

1 Thank GForceTauranga

Sunshine Coast, BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful sea kayaking company”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have gone out on guided tours with North Island Kayak twice this summer, and have greatly enjoyed both of the trips. Both trips were the two hour tour. Although you don't have time to go very far there is still quite a bit to see. The scenery is beautiful, and depending on the day you should see some type of marine life! Between the two trips I have seen Dall's porpoises, seals, eagles, and jumping fish, as well as all sorts of marine invertebrates in the islets at a lower tide: sea anemones, sea cucumbers, sea stars, sea urchins, chitons, and more. Julian was my guide for both trips, and was very good at instructing first time sea kayakers. He knew a lot about the fauna and flora of the region, and had many fun facts and jokes! Amanda, in the office, was also very friendly and helpful in booking the trips. I would highly recommend getting out on the water with North Island Kayaks. I hope to sometime go out with them for a longer trip!

Lethbridge, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Lee Lee is Awsome”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Me and my girlfriend went out for the four day/three night trip. Lee Lee was our guide, and she was excellent. Good sense of humor and kept us well fed. She is also very adept at navigating the different personalities in our group. We saw a bunch of humpbacks, orcas, eagles, and porpoises. I strongly recommend this trip (but don't forget there is an element of randomness, it's not like they can control the weather, the animals, or the other people who paid their $$ to go). It is a total escape from 'real' life.

1 Thank ProfANON
Wellington Point
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great kayaking”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Had a great time kayaking for 3 days - camping for 2 nights in Johnson Strait. It was really cold so rug up. The wildlife was wonderful and our guide really knew her stuff. Thanks Steph. Saw all sorts of wildlife & beautiful scenery. Really recommend as it's like pressing the reset button.

2 Thank Marg_on_the_go
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful trip, just not an Orca trip”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We booked the Overnight Orca Adventure. Main objective was to see the Orca and combine this with sea kayaking. We had a very nice trip, although it was not really an Orca trip. Despite that it was supposed to be high season for the Orcas, we saw none. It still is a nice trip; you get to see Bald Eagles and porpoises up close, the kayaking is nice, you camp out in a beautiful setting, food is good, guides are nice. You have to wonder though, if the fairly high price isn't driven by Orcas. It's actually not that common to see them on the kayak trip; they scatter around a much larger area than you could cover with your kayak. So, if you're really there for the kayaks, you better take a boat tour.

2 Thank Michiel1054