“A lovely little ski resort”
Review of Sun Peaks Lodge

Sun Peaks Lodge
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Sun Peaks
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We arrived with a large group and the owners came onto the coach to introduce themselves. A lovely personal touch. Staff were very friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. The resort was very quiet (we were here in May) so we were limited in shopping etc, much to many of the husband's delight. The hotel restaurant was closed for dinner but open for breakfast. We enjoyed a fur traders feast at a nearby restaurant/bar. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SalandBrad
There are newer reviews for Sun Peaks Lodge

Reviewed May 3, 2014

A very quiet hotel in April. Sun peaks village is very small and at this time of year there is very little open. The scenery is stunning. The sauna room was shut which was a shame as there is nothing else to do in the village at this time of year. There were very few restaurants open, the hotel one was shut.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MarionAve66
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I give high appraise to all the staff at the hotel, they are very friendly, always wear nice smiles. The room is quiet except the mini fridge that makes noise when the motor is on. What really bugs me is how hard it is to sleep at night. I sleep on firm mattress at home, but the bed is HARD! I can feel the springs at every one of my pressure points. I feel sore and pain for the 3 nights staying there. I only wish if all hotels can pay more attentions to their beds instead of the flat screen TV or spa or fancy dinning rooms. Unfortunately sun Peaks Lodge overlooked the importance of a good bed. I will not return to this hotel unless they change their mattresses.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Creekside
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The location was only thing good about this hotel. Guest rooms were small, dark, very noisy , and bathroom was DIRTY . We informed hotel the DAY before we would be checking out a day sooner but when checking out they refused to credit the unused night. Will be staying at the DELTA next year, it is SO worth the extra 20$ per night !!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
SunPeaksLodge, General Manager at Sun Peaks Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to provide better service. Yes, our location in the village is very convenient to everything.
As per our policies, which have to be accepted at the time of booking, early checkouts are subject to a cancellation fee equal to the entire stay booked, including taxes. Cancellation fees will be charged without notice to the credit card on file.

We hope you will enjoy your next stay in Sun Peaks.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Recently stayed for 3 nights and had a great time. Nice room, great rate and Mario really looked after us. Silvia at the front desk was a lot of help too. We'll be back for sure.

Restaurant in the hotel, The Steak House doesn't disappoint. Ate there twice including one night of all the appies. All desserts made in house and I recommend them all (best shortbread ever!).

If you're looking for a great family getaway look no further. Our family can't wait for our next trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevmill74
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have just stayed 3nights at Sun Peaks lodge. Overall it is very comfortable and in a great location, in village close to all this lovely village has to offer. Staff were good. Yes you do have to pay $10 a day for parking but very convenient. The rooms are very traditional and a bit dark, but with good beds. Also a bath for après ski is great. You can get a microwave which is great. Most rooms have a small window with little view, not the full length window as advertised in the picture..this must be a balcony room perhaps. Housekeeping is great. We got a 3 for the price of 2 special which was great. No comment on restaurants. Please use Jardines rentals rather than McSporties for so many reasons!
All in all comfortable , reasonable lodge in a great village.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chris G
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hello.

Recently stayed there for 2 nights for a ski vacation. The hotel and room's were fine, if a bit dated. The location is the best party, right in the lower village.

Some off putting points was the $10 parking charge per night. The Hot Tub couldn't manage to get hotter than about lukewarm at best. One of the worst parts was finding someone else's sock in my bed to which I brought to the front desk's attention and simply tried to get a discount. They charged me $30 extra per night for having my well behaved dog (shame on me for not reading small print). Mario the manager was relentless, he got very excited when I brought this to his attention and started putting words in my mouth. He simply would not concede, denying my accusations, calling me a liar and quoting me on things I never said. Mario seriously needs to be sent back to Customer Service 101.

Won't ever be staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
#8 of 54 in Kamloops
Overlander Motel
Overlander Motel
#3 of 4 in Chase

Been to Sun Peaks Lodge? Share your experiences!