“Friendly & Welcoming”

Heffley Boutique Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Sun Peaks
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Stayed 4 nights, room clean, spacious & well stocked. They even restock the coffee & tea every day. Not luxurious, but very good value. What really impressed us was the friendliness and willingness to help in every way. It's family owned & operated, so you don't feel like "just another customer". Ski-in & ski-out was great, with secure ski storage in the underground parking lot of the hotel.
Found all the restaurants & bars we visited at the resort, and ski service people, also very friendly, helpful and personal. Restaurants a little pricey but not excessively so for an on-hill resort, good food. We ate breakfast & lunch in the room so didn't overspend.
Excellent skiing - well-groomed wide runs for every skill level.
Very enjoyable holiday - thank you, Manfred!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank jackiebaronca

Reviewed December 20, 2009

We booked this hotel after reading other trip advisor reviews & were not disappointed. The staff here are really friendly and made us feel right at home. The room size was quite large especially for a ski resort. The kitchen was a bonus, we ate about half our meals in & saved a bit of money. The spa was also welcome after a day on the slopes & was exceptionally clean (as was the whole hotel).

Can't wait f0or our next trip to Canada, we will be staying at the Heffley again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Ask Manfred and he helps you with everything ,he knows everything and gives you the best hints to have a good skiing holiday.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2009

There are many great places to stay at Sun Peaks, but being slopeside in the village rules. The place I always come back to though is the Heffley Boutique Inn. The choice is easy for lots of reasons. The proprietor Manfred and his staff are uber accommodating, and make the stay that much more relaxed. The rooms are huge compared to most resort accommodation, and are well equipped with a kitchen suite. Bring your own fresh coffee and filter, and you are good to go. Liquor store is right across the stroll, as is groceteria. In the morning, walk out the door, kick in and let gravity do the rest!

• Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank Faceshots
Reviewed February 16, 2008

Just returned from a week of skiing at Sun Peaks Resort where we spent the entire stay at the Heffley Boutique Inn. You won't find luxury here but you will find simple, clean rooms that are adequately equipped as well as friendly, welcoming staff.

The front desk provided us with locks for our skis in the underground parking area which was quite convenient and saved dragging a lot of snow up to our room. Once outside the hotel's front door it was a 1 minute ski through the village pedestrian street to the lifts. We loved coming back to the room at lunch....slipping off the boots and making our lunch in the room. (It's not "ski-in" but just a very short walk from the bottom of the hill)

The "Spa" on the main floor was really just a hot tub and shower as the sauna and steam room were out of order. However, the tub was in good working order and lots of towels were available in the area.

Wireless internet was available for a charge - we paid $15 Cdn for the week.

We thought the beds were too firm, the pillows a bit flat and we were disappointed that there was no dvd/cd player for music.

We loved the ski resort, and would stay at this hotel again for the location and value.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rudycan
Reviewed February 6, 2008

Stayed here in January 2007. Had a great time, no problem with the service or hotel. My parents have a timeshare that they exchanged so my boyfriend and I could stay here. Here is why I say beware...I just came back from Mexico to find a charge of $557.04 for the Heffley Inn and $152.00 for the Sun-Star Shuttle (which I never used during my vacation a year before). I find it too coincidental that a charge for the very place I stayed at a year before (basically to the day) shows up on my VISA. Why was my VISA number hanging around for so long??? Leason learned...make sure you get the copy of your VISA imprint for deposit reasons back after you check out.

Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed January 23, 2008

We have stayed 3 skiing vacations at this hotel and are going back for a 4th. Let's start with what it's not. Not a luxury hotel, or a chain, where you will get pampered by uniformed staff who are waiting on you 24/7. It also does not have room service or breakfast, although there is a so-so Chinese restaurant in the premises where you can place an order and pick it up later.

Now let me mention why we come back every year.
1. Very affordable rates which deliver great value.
2. Excellent and exceptional personal service from the manager and his immediate family who are all involved in running the place. I won't mention all the things they have done for us because I cannot imagine that would be the norm. However, they definitely go above and beyond the call of duty.
3. Very decent and pleasant rooms. Ours has a sitting area with a couch and chairs combined with decent lighting so that we can actually both spend time in our rooms and sit and read.
4. Decent kitchenette. Not luxurious, and I miss my dishwasher (boo-hoo), but you can actually cook and eat in your room if you want.
5. Coffee maker with fee supplies of tea and coffee. I know this is fairly standard, but I still like it.
6. Real Ski-in ski-out; literally. Step out the front door, click on your skis, and you can ski to the ski-lift in 2 minutes. Combined with item 4. above, this allows you to go back to your room at lunch time, make yourself some soup and a sandwich, put your feet up for an hour or so, and be refreshed to hit the slopes again in the afternoon.
7. Rooms are clean and well maintained.
8. Enough storage space and hangers to hang up most of your stuff. Could be more, but I've certainly stayed at places that had less.
9. Oh, and my wife also likes that the toilet is indeed in a separate little closet.
10. A sauna and hot tub on the ground floor that allow you to steam and soak away your aches and pains.

I'll just mention 3 things that I don't like as much and you may want to consider if you are very finicky.
a) Mattresses are a bit too hard for my taste. I can sleep on them, but it does not compare to what you get in the luxury chains.
b) Water pressure is low, so if you like hard splashy showers you are out of luck.
c) There are no public laundry machines on the premises, so if you have a long stay you may need to sneak off elsewhere, or do your laundry by hand in the bath tub like us.

Overall, we have looked at all the other hotels in Sun Peaks, but not found any other place where we would rather stay.