“Great Menu, Great Food, Great Cocktails and Great Ambience!”
Review of Black Garlic - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Victoria, Canada
“Great Menu, Great Food, Great Cocktails and Great Ambience!”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Went to Black Garlic in the afternoon for some warming vin chaud - liked the ambience and menu selection so much that we made a reservation and returned for dinner. Great asian/indian fusion type menu, great selection and nice food. Service was good. A great choice.

• Visited February 2012

Auckland, NZ
“I sent my hubby out for takeaways.....”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

and he came back with food from the Black Garlic Restuarant. I hate takeaways but I was too exhausted to cook after my skiing lesson! I was expecting the usual soggy burger / pizza / hot dog thing that's only just edible but fills you up and he came back with real food that was something a bit different from what I cook. We had salmon, fresh herb sauce, spicy stir fried veggies, thai green chicken curry with rice, a burger with spicy veggies. It was all excellent....more pricey than the usual takeaway but much, much better :)

• Visited January 2012
Ontario
“Spicy but in a good way”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

My husband is a little less adventerous than I am but we both enjoyed the Asian-Fusion menu. If you're uncertain, order the "mild" option.

Visited January 2012
Hamilton, NZ
“Very tasty food and slightly different than expected”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The food here is slightly different than what we had expected. The food is very tasty and the range of dishes available is good.

We had a beans dish and the pea's and both were cooked beautifully but the best was the Yams. We had not tasted anything like these.

Visited January 2012
Kelowna, Canada
“Not Very Good”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We went for dinner last night and did not enjoy our meals or experience. Service was very slow..it took over 15mins for our drinks to arrive and it was not busy. We ordered a vodka/ juice and a ceasar so they should have been quick to make. Our dinner was not very good either. We had some falafel fritters (awful) they were really dry and had a bland flavor. For our mains we had the steak and the butter chicken. I have had butter chicken at numerous restaurants and this one was not good. The table beside us ordered it too and did not like it either. Definitely not made from scratch or authentic tasting. My husband ordered the steak and it was burnt tasting. The chef made a new one and it was better. It's a 6 ounce steak but very thin and chewy. The mushrooms on top however were good! We do not recommend this place for dinner. It was also pretty pricy. Do mind paying a lot for dinner but when the food is not good it's not worth the price. It was a nice atmosphere. Seemed cozy. For lunch you must try the subs at 540 deli. Delicious!!

• Visited January 2012