“Wedding Reception”

Cahilty Creek Kitchen @ Taproom
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Sun Peaks
Cuisines: Pizza, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Your choice for all your dining needs in Sun Peaks, conveniently located slopeside off the gentle giant ski run.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Thought I had done enough emailing back and forth to make my wishes clear but apparently this was not the case. We were told we could go in after 3pm to decorate the Sunburst Room where we were having the reception. When we got there with all our decorating things there was no one around.

You know how wedding go by certain schedules and there was to be a BBQ back at the house ( 45 miles away) at 5pm. The desk got hold of the manager of the bar and grill who said he would be there soon. The front Desk kindly let us into the room,

We were shocked. The diagram I had sent for the set of of tables had not been followed. WE had to rearrange tables and set out all the chairs. There was no linen for us to put on the tables and hence we could not do the decorating. I think the manager arrived around 4pm and was quite hostile with me, but lets face it I was only the Bride and the customer paying the bill so of little consequence.

We eventually got everything done and no one wanted to start the BBQ without us so of course it delayed that.

The meal next day was satisfactory and well served and we were very pleased with that

If you are going to make a reservation for any sort of function with the Restaurant make sure you get a contract in writing. I did not. I did get one with the Lodge but it did not include the Bar and Grill who were the caterers. They will not be in business long if they do not take better care of their clients.

1  Thank BridgetD710
kelly d, Owner at Cahilty Creek Kitchen @ Taproom, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

In Response to Bridget D's review,
I feel we have to point out that the review from Bridget D is more than a little unfair.

The diagram as how she wanted the tables and chairs, as I understood it would not fit in the room. We had not set them up yet because we wanted to see how she would like them.
As no meeting time was confirmed, I came to the hotel when i was informed the she had arrived.

We have apologized to Bridget about her being later for her BBQ, unfortunately no one had told me she had such a short time line(1hr) for her decorating and setup. Had we known we surly would have made other arrangements to help her keep her appointment.

It was also pointed out how weddings run on a schedule, however, what was not mentioned was that the wedding guests where an hour late for there set lunch time, and gave us no notice.

We do admit there were some hiccups on both sides, but we quietly, and quickly solved them. As Bridget D has mentioned that all her guest enjoyed their meal and received great service, I would think that would be the most important part.

Kelly Dye
Cahilty Creek Bar and Grill

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed our visit to the Cahilty Creek this summer the serving staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the resort and places to visit while in the village. The food was delicious and great for my family catering to all our needs. We will be returning this winter.

2  Thank SamanthaR58
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went here as it was the last restaurant for us to try in sun peaks. It was extremely busy, and the servers and kitchen couldn't keep up. We were there with a young toddler And two hungry teens and it took us almost an hour to receive our meals. The server managed an apology or two, but there was nothing offered in terms of maybe a free drink or some small appy to tide everyone over. Really disappointing. This was the longest wait I've ever had for food, and after a long day of skiing, with children, it was hard to sit there in a crammed full restaurant and wait for an hour for food. If there was a genuine effort to make amends, I could partially overlook this given the volume of people, but there wasn't one. When the food finally came, it was disappointing. My wife's salad had chicken on it that was cold (it was supposed to be hot). The salad itself was mediocre at best. My burger was alright, but not worth the price. Our toddler had the children's macaroni which was KD - or a cheap imitation. Overall, just a real bad experience.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was very happy and suprised by the Avocado Pasta, we had great service and enjoyed sitting outside overlooking the hills.

1  Thank debmickey
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This appears to be an afterthought, a late add on to the building. Wife ordered a chicken cesar type salad and received an inedible red pepper covered mess of prepackaged chicken, chips, and field greens. It was sent back and replaced with a cesar, romaine and dressing, that was terrible. My onion rings and pork bits were edible but not 'good'. Service was marginal, male server kept his thumb in the food while serving. Not pleased