“great food”
Review of Powder Hounds

Powder Hounds
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Sun Peaks
Cuisines: Canadian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northampton, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

As this was one of the few restaurants open,( the others being burger type places)we were lucky that the food was so good. The cocktails and highballs were a lot cheaper than a glass of wine!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank MarionAve66

Kelowna, Canada
“Food is great but the service was terrible”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and I went there for dinner, he had the hunter snitzel (lacking salt) for main, drunken prawns for apps and i had the stroganoff w/ spatzel for main, wasabi gyoza for an appy. The prawns were spent back because the sauce was not reduced properly, might have been good if the sauce was correct! The wasabi gyoza was good (if you like wasabi). The snitzel was lacking salt however very good, a lot of food. The stroganoff was excellent and love the spatzel. As for our server who was terrible, forgetful, rude I hope you aren't working there the next time we visit.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank foodeena
Vancouver, Canada
“Schnitzel to die for”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Good service and excellent food.
Most customers were having schnitzel and were looking very content.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank tequila000007
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Perfect for a special occasion”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We were looking at a couple different restaurants to spend a 55 birthday at, here at Sun Peaks. The live entertainment clinched Powder Hounds. That and the very accommodating nature of the manager....I wish I got his name. The service, although starting slow was overshadowed by the waitresses will to ensure we were getting what we wanted. She was very knowledgable on the menu and spot on with her recommendations. Things to have......pasta bolognese, 12 oz layered steak, beef stroganoff and the schnitzel. The band even sang happy birthday......our special occasion. A place YOU will want to try .

Visited March 2014
Sun Peaks, Canada
“This Restaurant is Brutal”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I've been around for awhile (49 years), and have eaten at many a restaurant world wide. My family and I went to Powder Hounds for a dinner on our last night at Sun Peaks and by the way it's very difficult to find a descent meal in this Village save for Bolacco, a tiny family owned café that serves small meals and coffee). We got sat down at Powder Hounds and ordered drinks and shortly after ordered the kids meals and our own....I won't comment on the food cause all we ate was the Caesar salad that we ordered and it was OK. Waiting, waiting, waiting (an hour) as people who came in after us were served their food and then desert as we waited even longer. Finally I reached my boiling point and I searched our waitress and told her to bring our bill and told her I would pay for what we had eaten. She came by in a panic and said she would find out how long our meal would be......1 minute later she brang out the desert for the people who had sat down after us. Then she came by to tell us our dinner would be ready in 5 minutes, which told me our meal was just starting to be processed..... I told her "ahhhhhh Nooooo" We're done and we went to the front to pay the bill. She apologized and I said it wasn't her fault, it was the manager's fault which she agreed. Folk's it's just like Air Canada with me.... I gave them 2 chances actually, and I'll never fly them again, even if it cost me more.

• Visited February 2014