“Schnitzel to die for”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Good service and excellent food.
Most customers were having schnitzel and were looking very content.

1  Thank tequila000007

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We were looking at a couple different restaurants to spend a 55 birthday at, here at Sun Peaks. The live entertainment clinched Powder Hounds. That and the very accommodating nature of the manager....I wish I got his name. The service, although starting slow was overshadowed by the waitresses will to ensure we were getting what we wanted. She was very knowledgable on the menu and spot on with her recommendations. Things to have......pasta bolognese, 12 oz layered steak, beef stroganoff and the schnitzel. The band even sang happy birthday......our special occasion. A place YOU will want to try .

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I've been around for awhile (49 years), and have eaten at many a restaurant world wide. My family and I went to Powder Hounds for a dinner on our last night at Sun Peaks and by the way it's very difficult to find a descent meal in this Village save for Bolacco, a tiny family owned café that serves small meals and coffee). We got sat down at Powder Hounds and ordered drinks and shortly after ordered the kids meals and our own....I won't comment on the food cause all we ate was the Caesar salad that we ordered and it was OK. Waiting, waiting, waiting (an hour) as people who came in after us were served their food and then desert as we waited even longer. Finally I reached my boiling point and I searched our waitress and told her to bring our bill and told her I would pay for what we had eaten. She came by in a panic and said she would find out how long our meal would be......1 minute later she brang out the desert for the people who had sat down after us. Then she came by to tell us our dinner would be ready in 5 minutes, which told me our meal was just starting to be processed..... I told her "ahhhhhh Nooooo" We're done and we went to the front to pay the bill. She apologized and I said it wasn't her fault, it was the manager's fault which she agreed. Folk's it's just like Air Canada with me.... I gave them 2 chances actually, and I'll never fly them again, even if it cost me more.

5  Thank russ4567
Reviewed February 18, 2014

A group of 8 of us went here on Valentines day after a hard day of skiing. The service was very good and the food as well. I have not had schnitzel in quite a long time and I really enjoyed mine. I had too much food. I didn't really need that dessert but it was worth it.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The schnitzels are very good and make a huge meal with the Hunter Schnitzel being our favorite. However the meat in the beef stroganoff was so chewy I sent the meal straight back to the kitchen after the second bite. On reflection I should have stuck with the schnitzel as I tried the stroganoff in 2013 and it was only very average with the meat being quite tough. Come on guys, it's not hard to use good quality beef!!!

1  Thank Bill C