“Filled us up”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Powder Hounds

Powder Hounds
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Sun Peaks
Cuisines: Canadian, International
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Enderby, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Filled us up”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were at Sun Peaks during the week in summer, so a low traffic time. There were not a lot of places open for dinner. It was pouring outside, and Powder Hounds was closest to where we were. The food was okay. It filled us up. Good in a pinch.

Calgary, Canada
“Never had German before so I wasn't sure what to exect...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We decided to go out on our last night in Sun Peaks as a family to a nice resteraunt. Our hotel suggested an Italian place and Powder Hounds for German food. We decided that we should try Powder Hounds as we could always get good Italian in Calgary.

So my wife, our three year old daughter, and I arrived right at opening. We had the place to ourselves.

The service was good and prompt. Good suggestions to help us out.

So we ordered:

Daughter: Fries and Snuggets (cut up and fried Snitzel) from the kids menu
Wife: Kartoffelauflauf Seafood Type
Me: Hunter Snitzel

So we have never had German before and were not sure what to expect. Here is what we found. The portions were huge, even for our daughter. The Offelauf's seafood (according to my wife) was salty and pre-packed frozen variety. The potato slices were not raw, but they did have a bite to them. Not sure if this is normal or not.

The Snitzel was good, but huge. The spatzel was alirght. It all seemed to be a good meal but I couldn't finish it and I'm 6'6" and 270LBS, I love to eat and couldn't finish!

My little girl's Snuggets were way overcooked. When we asked what it was the waitress described it as the same snitzel as what I was getting. However it was dark and burned. When we pointed this out we were given a 15% off on the price of that dish. But the meal still cost over $60.

Overall it seemed that I could make almost everything that was given to us tonight for supper. That being said we would not go back and probably should have chosen the Italian place for our last supper in Sun Peaks.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Brett P
Kamloops, Canada
“Have thier Hunter Schnitzel. I dream about it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

it gets full fast, make reservations. We got turned away because there were so many people.

Victoria, Canada
“great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We went to this restaurant with our two teenagers. Our waitress was very good and seemed to like her job. We all enjoyed our meals.

Visited July 2012
“A two hour wait for rilly bad, over priced food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

My wife and i waited 1 1/2 hours for our food that was nothing better then a "limited time" menu from a fast food joint. I also had to wait on my drinks for way to long wile we were sitting there watching our waitress sit down at the table adjasent to us. I wouldnt recomend the "powder hound" to any one looking to have a good time on there hard earnd doller.

3 Thank jabareid