“Food prepared without Expertise…….”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Fireside Lounge - CLOSED

Fireside Lounge
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Düsseldorf
“Food prepared without Expertise…….”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the second time my partner and I have tried to eat here. The first time we both ordered the Goat Cheese and Spinach Omelette, but it contained big chunks of Chorizo……. I do believe a Goat Cheese and Spinach Omelette should be able to stand up on it's own…. Just horrible and greasy…….
As we decided to try their Lounge Menu, we found the atmosphere pretentious and the wine expensive for the poor quality. So, we had the draft bier (big mistake) flat and without flavour.
The "Wild Mushroom Pasta" was over cooked and tossed in a dark sauce. Really, as I Chef, there is no way I would have served this poorly executed dish. The Caprese Salate, you would think considering the main ingredient is Tomatoes, they would have been ripe. Great presentation, but really the salad was without flavour. Perhaps a little reduced Balsamic would have helped or perhaps there is no help for this restaurant…..

Wast of Money…………………

• Visited November 2013

Mechelen, Belgium
“Tasty.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Friendly sevice and good quality for just a stopover hotel. Also the price/quality of the food is good.

Visited June 2013
Smithers, Canada
“Decent food, expensive”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The food here is not bad, but we find the menu to be quite pricey...perhaps a little more variety would be welcomed also?

Visited December 2012
Smithers, Canada
“Thuesday night”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Every Tuesday night is wings night. They are awesome. Lots of flavor to choice from. And I ead a few times there everthing is great

Visited February 2013
1 Thank 99Dani99
Smithers
“disappointed!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I phoned the hotel to make a reservation and asked for the dining room and the call was transferred. I asked the person that answered if this was the dining room and was told "yes".
When we showed up for dinner, the dining room that I had been expecting was closed and only the restaurant is operating. So much for dressing up for a dining experience!
The menu was expensive, dining room prices, which is fine if you are having a dining experience!
I am a vegetarian and there was very little choices to eat. I could have dined on a fish taco or a veggie burger basically!
The meal that my guest received was not good, salad wilted, steak overdone and tough.
A totally disappointing night out.
We did redeem the visit though as we went to the Aspen for lunch the next day to try again for our celebratory meal and had an absolutely wonderful meal. Three courses, very tasteful, good service.

Visited July 2012