“Excellent Value and fantastic service”

Prestige Hudson Bay Lodge
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Smithers
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just stayed here on a ski and stay package. Bought their top package that gave us their "Spirit of the North" suite and included a bottle of wine, cheese platter, ski passes for two days and gift certs for the restaurant. We added our teenage daughter to the package and was amazed at how little they charged us to add the additional person. The hotel staff were very friendly and the service was excellent. I'd definitely stay here again. With the ski and stay they gave us a late checkout which allowed us to come down from the ski hill, change, shower, and freshen up before heading for home.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here for two nights mid-March on business. I am very fussy about hotels - if I can't get a decent night's sleep, I am not a happy camper!

That said, I slept really well. Surprisingly well, actually. My bed was clean (I always check under the sheets and btwn the mattress & box spring and under the covers before I use a bed) as was the rest of the room other than an older, stained carpet. There wasn't much noise from the highway or parking lot even though my room was on the ground floor, facing the highway and parking lot. Not a lot of other noise, either. The room seemed relatively sound proof as far as hotel rooms go. I like that they use a comforter rather than the traditional polyester bedspread.

My room didn't have a mini-fridge and when I mentioned it they wheeled one to my room within 15 minutes. A microwave is an additional $10 per night.

The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. Martin at the front desk was quiet but very helpful.

I visited the restaurant attached to the hotel, and it had great service and good food - but VERY pricey. I had a glass of wine, a steak sandwich and a slice of cheesecake and it was $50.

I used the gym - it's tiny. It has a rowing machine, an elliptical, a treadmill and a recumbent bike and a one-person sauna. VERY little floor room, and no weights. There were two tiny pilates balls that needed to be inflated more. Also, no weights.

Overall, I was happy with my stay - mostly because I slept well which is the most important to me. If I come back to Smithers I will certainly stay here again, though I won't return to the restaurant as it's just too pricey.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Becca F
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I've spent many nights at the lodge and I have never had a single complaint. The food is great, the staff are friendly, there is a beer store attached, and there is a free shuttle to the airport. I even had my dog with me on one trip. Today they went above and beyond by offering to keep my smoked salmon in the freezer. I will never stay anywhere else.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here over the Christmas break from school. The staff was great, the rooms clean and well maintained. They have obviously spent some money lately upgrading the place which is nice to see. The only addition to the room that might have been nice would have a fridge. Nice to keep the drinks cold. and we had some snack items we wanted to take up the mountain that could have used refrigeration. I am sure that if had asked they would have found a way to manage however due to the cold weather we improvised and kept those items in the truck. They had a good rate especially when bundled with the passes for the mountain. We will stay here again.
The restaurant and the bar were excellent, good service, very good food. And major bonus they were the only place open Christmas Day! We were very glad to be able to find a meal that day.
We did use the laundry, we did not use the fitness room but nice to know it was available.
We will stay here again.

Room Tip: The ground floor room got a little noisy as the hotel filled up as we had little kids running around...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel was easy to find, clean and comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well set up. They have a Keureg coffee machine with 3 pods in each room. AWESOME!!!!! Thank you for the outstanding stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stormy663
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Have stayed here frequently over the last two years, always staying for 2 weeks at a time. I have always found the rooms comfortable and quiet with friendly and helpful staff. With a 24 hr exercise room and an on site laundry facility long stays are easy. The real gem though is the restaurant Zoers, always serving refreshingly different specials and varied selection of regulars it's hard to get tired of the menu. Always recommend this facility to any who ask me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris76415
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Really enjoyed my experience at the HBL last week; I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights and booked a meeting room. The staff were very nice and helpful, always willing to do whatever they can to assist. Food was pretty good, awesome cole slaw and desserts. I would definitely recommend this place to book meetings; the renovated rooms are very nice and spacious

Room Tip: the renovated rooms are very spacious; and nearly all the rooms have a view of a mountain.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business