Prestige Hudson Bay Lodge
Fireweed Motel(Smithers)(Great Value!)
$67
Florence Motel(Smithers)
$63
Stork Nest Inn(Smithers)(Great Value!)
$94
$78
$71
Logpile Lodge(Smithers)
Sunshine Inn(Smithers)
All reviewsthe pubthe west coast grillthe hotel staffguest laundryhotel restaurantsports barhave stayed here several timesking roomdon cherryroom was cleancomfortable hotelin townprince rupertbusiness tripwould stay here againlots of parkingmeeting room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stay here when I'm in Smithers for work. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I like that there are comforters on the beds. The WiFi was working well the last time I was there, and I've always found it easy to get breakfast in the restaurant. The hotel is easy to find and access to off the highway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank kayakerjo
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here two nights 10 days apart. The rooms was clean, quiet and large. There was a real shortage of plug ins, though. This can be inconvenient when you need to charge laptop, phones, etc. The staff was helpful. The price was reasonable at $100 per night. This stay was a jumping off and returning back place for a hunting trip. We could leave our vehicle in their back lot (which did have view from hotel) and we felt it was safe to leave it there. And it was. We would stay here again, but would bring a power strip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jananb
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Steps away from gorgeous mountain vistas, yet still right on the major highway to the airport and neighbouring communities.

The staff is very warm and friendly and are pretty good at remembering individual guests. The rooms are spacious, if a little dated furniture wise. The restaurant/lounge serves great tasty dishes.

The fitness area is in the basement, and was closed at the time of my last visit due to renovations.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor to ground.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nebulaboy
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We connect to northern flights through Smithers. Unfortunately, the weather kept ours on the ground recently with a forced stay overnight. Hudson's Bay staff were great from the moment we called at the airport for the shuttle to come and get us until we checked out the next day.

Check in: The ladies were so friendly and helpful and made us smile despite being a bit grumpy about our delayed travel plans. Although this was before noon, they had rooms ready for us to take advantage of and we were quickly on our way upstairs.

Room Service: As I setup my computer to get some work done, I was hungry! Decided on room service. Was fast and the food arrived hot and tasty.

Restaurants: We took in the restaurant and afterwards the pub. The restaurant service was great. However, the food was just okay that night. I had wanted something on the menu and it wasn't available so I chose a different dish. It really was just okay. I did look around and other people's food looked more appetizing than my choice so it could have just been a bad choice on my part. The pub was nice and we got chatting with others from out of town. Good atmosphere. I would agree with previous reviews that the service was a bit lacking. Despite tipping well, it took a long time to get our drinks.

Rooms: We had a king room and it did have a fridge and other amenities. The rooms have been recently renovated and seemed to be clean (a big deal for me) and nicely equipped. Flat screen tv's and a nice sitting area was appreciated.

Shuttle: It is free to and from the airport. Nice touch. Our driver was such a nice lady who doubles is housekeeping and made us laugh. She was just a gem! The shuttle was on time when we booked it to go back to the airport after our stay and was fast when we called to come and get us after our flight was cancelled.

All in all this is a nice lodge hotel. We were pleased with the price, the service and the room.

Thanks to the staff for going to extra efforts for us.

Room Tip: Others on the site here have said they didn't have amenities. (like fridge etc). We did so I am assuming that the king rooms are the way to go. We had everything we needed and tons of space. So I would recommend reserving that. For the extra couple of dollars, it seems worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed at the Hudson Bay overnight on business. Looks like some recent renovations to the rooms. Comfortable and for the most part clean, not fancy, no mini fridge and no A/C but perhaps it doesn't get warm enough to be needed. Lots of drywall dust on the coat rack behind the door where the extra pillow and linen were as well as a coating of dust on the ironing board and iron itself.

There is a restaurant, beer store and sports pub attached. Had the opportunity to check out the pub which was comfortable and reasonably priced. Had breakfast in the restaurant which was also decent. Kudos for offering gluten free options.

All in all, a decent place to stay and I would do so again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business