“Pros and Cons”
Review of Sunshine Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Smithers
Sunshine Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Smithers
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My family travels to Smithers a couple times a year, and have been working our way through the various places to stay. On our last visit we stayed at the Sunshine Inn and were pleased. The room was big, the bed had lovely thick cotton sheets with big fluffy duvets. It was very quiet, and I thought pretty clean, as it is all newly re-done..
ON this trip, we stayed three nights,. After a very late check-in, I was woken to the chamber maid in my room at 9. I had forgotten to put the note on the door asking not to be disturbed. Nit a big deal, and we were out of there by 10, but she never returned!

When we got back to our room late that night, the bed was un-made etc. The next day, We left the room about noon, and I mentioned to the fellow at the front desk that I hoped our room would not be missed again, and explained the day before we had not had service. When I got back at 11 that night, I found every thing as I had left it- except someone had pulled the duvet up over the sheets that were hanging down a foot off the bottom of the bed, and emptied our garbage. No cleaning of the bathroom, no vacuuming, no taking away the empty water bottles and coffee cups. The ironing board was still out, the newspapers were still there. I was annoyed. Particularly about the bed. In fact, I am not convinced that it was not how I left it myself that day.
When we checked out we got a sullen girl who did not say thank-you, have a nice trip, go suck an egg or anything.
I was disappointed with this stay as I think the people who own this hotel have put some decent money into it, and it is their poor service which will be their down fall.. Next trip we are trying somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sunshine Inn

Reviewed September 24, 2010

For a 'Motel' this is VERY good. Very clean, modern, huge room at a good price. It's about half way between Jasper and Prince Rupert and although it is close to the main road which runs through the town the rooms are extremely quiet. The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful, and the included breakfast was more than adequate.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barrons
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Stayed here overnight with husband and In-Laws. Had a queen room each for $109 CAD. It is an excellent place to stay. Really clean and comfortable with all the mod cons. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The hotel is really close to the main street in Smithers.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank twinkletoes5477
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I travel over 200 nights per year and i`ve seen the worst and the very good. The Sunshine Inn in Smithers is very good. The rooms are large. Tons of parking. A large conti b/fast and accross the street from Tim Hortons. The front desk staff is very good & polite. The only thing I would change about this place is nothing. It's all good. Very well done Sunshine Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank benPrinceGeorge
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Checked in at 2am after a horrible experience across the street at Sandman Inn. We were met by a very nice front desk person who gave us a discount on the room and late check-out since we were arriving so late. Wonderful customer service and extremely comfy beds. It was the nicest place we stayed on our trip from Oregon to Homer, AK.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank lam77s
Reviewed July 22, 2010

On the advice of a local (thanks Robyn) we stayed the one night at Sunshine Inn after a full drive from Prince Rupert and couldn't be happier.

The newest hotel in town boasts high ceilings, good size rooms with views of the mountains. Contemporary fixtures and fittings, comfortable bedding and very friendly staff who were keen to ensure a pleasant stay.

Breakfast was a little disorganised. It's help yourself to what's there (if it is there in the first place) and that would be our only gripe with the place. Once they have that sorted out it will be excellent.

Would recommend Sunshine Inn as a good place to stay on the way through.

Dave

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David A
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Finally, a nice place to stay in Smithers! I wish I had consulted TripAdvisor months ago! The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was gorgeous and the bed was very comfortable. Although there was some noise from outside, there was no noise at all from the hallways or other rooms. It was the best night's sleep I've ever had while on business. I got upgraded to room 318 which was fantastic. It has a huge tub and the TV swivels so you can watch TV from the tub. The breakfast was ok, not great. I will definitely be back!

No fitness centre but they give you a free pass to the local rec centre which is good for the length of your stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business