“Solid”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Smithers
Seattle
“Solid”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The staff was friendly and accommodating of my request. The room was relatively standard, with a good shower. I wanted a standard room with 2 beds, but none were available, so I got the suite, which I then realized only had one bed and a couch. I got an extra blanket from the front desk and slept on the couch, which was okay. Wifi service was flaky -- they possibly have a connection limit in place, because I was not able to consistently connect to their router, even when I had good reception. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here overnight en route to Prince Rupert. Staff were friendly but the room was cramped & dark. Could do with much better lighting. The room was reasonably clean but the outside stairs & walkway were pretty dirty. There was a $10 dollar voucher for the restaurant which would just about cover breakfast but we used it for dinner which we enjoyed.

Would we stay here again? Probably not

• Stayed August 2012
Vancouver
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The staff is accommodating to and helped secure my last minute reservation. From the front desk to the servers at the on-site restaurant and lounge especially, Patricia B, to accommodate my requests. Great service and so helpful to ensure my needs were met.

Great place to stay in Smithers!

HK

Room Tip: speak to the front desk...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Loved the inn, clean and felt cozy, The restaurant has great food, a bit slow for food service, though. Why does this review have to be so long? TripAdvisor has never heard of brevity?

Grrr grrr grr... the restaurant had interesting memorobilia of the area around Smithers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stopped over a night in Smithers and stayed at this hotel. We called in advance and booked a room with no problems. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was clean but a seemed a little old. The restaurant just next door was good and the hotel gave a voucher to use there. The food was really good. The hotel had an indoor pool and sauna which is the primary reason we stayed there. It was a good size, clean and a great way to relax. The pool was a little cold but would have been great to swim laps in. Overall, a good experience and I recommend this hotel to travelers staying in Smithers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was very specific when I booked my accommodations over the phone because I was booking two rooms and needed a ground level room for my and my two children. They are toddlers and doing stairs with gear is difficult. Also the grandparents needed a queen size bed and I needed two doubles. Well I did not get two doubles on the ground level and my room was booked for 3 nights when I needed it for 2. My dad's room was booked for 2 nights and he needed it for 3. He was on the ground level and I was not. We asked if they could make the corrections to the reservation and they said no. She immediately wanted to call around town to other hotels and get rid us vs. trying to make it right. She was awfully rude and when I told her she was being unkind her answer to me was "Well i am telling you what I have take it or leave it" I can call around town but if you want to stay here you have to stay with what we have. They had a bus tour arriving in 2 days and were sold out and I guess that is why she could care less trying to make us happy. I used this website to help me decide hotels, I live in Seattle WA and I was born in Smithers. I was heading back to visit my grandfather and introduce him to my kids. I wanted to make sure I was in a good spot as I was traveling without my husband. At any rate I highly recommend triple checking your reservation and being prepared for not getting what you booked. I tripled checked mine and still did not work out. The hotel itself was clean, the location is good, and the restaurant was good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PJAQH
, General Manager at Aspen Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear PJAQH.
I would like to thank you for your feedback. Our goal at the Aspen is always to exceed peoples expectations. In this case we obviously did not achieve our goal. I have discussed this sittuation with the front desk member involved. I feel this was an unfortunate misunderstanding @ booking and as our Hotel has been very busy we were unable to correct this unfortunate situation.
Thank you for the review on the Riverhouse Restaurant also.
Please accept my personal apologies and feel free to contact me.
aspenmgr@telus.net

Travelers are raving about these Smithers hotels

Smithers
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The Aspen Inn and Suites plus The Aspen Riverhouse hosted the Mainerz & Sedaz Fashion for Peace, Fashion Show and it was awesome. Great service, amazing decor and a very, very good time. Colin and his crew did a fantastic job of making sure every single guest was taken care of. A special night that no one will soon forget...

Room Tip: The Suites are great...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends