“The worst stay I have ever experienced!!!”
Review of Paradise Motel

Paradise Motel
Paradise Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sicamous
Kamloops
“The worst stay I have ever experienced!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Participating in the Ladies Senior Fastball Provincials our ball team chose to stay at the Paradise Motel. Upon arrival we had a great check in without issues. That was the only positive aspect of our stay. Our ball team was very respectful of rules set out by the owner/operator from only using plastic cups around the pool to only having 6 people to the room. However, we were still treated with great disrespect. The owner was very beligerent regarding where we were allowed to park, accused us of having too many girls to a room (we had 6, as expected), we ran out of toilet paper in the room and then were accused of stealing because we used a roll from the other girls room, and the worst inccident came about when we had a BBQ in the appropriate area where the BBQs were set up. Our ball coach (retired RCMP) was cooking burgers when the owner came up and told him to get off the BBQ (there were 3 BBQs, 1 being used by other guests and 1 available still) He said no problem we are just about finished. Approx. half an our later the BC fastball rep came by to say hi and the male owner came over and told him to leave as he was not registered as a guest. He then proceeded to yell at our coach about being on the BBQ too long (our coach offered him money for propane use) the owner then threatened our coach and physically pushed him into the BBQ!!! What a way to treat patrons. Thankfully our coach wasnt hurt and just left before the situation escalated any further. The owners were both clearly intoxicated and were the most disrespectful, in your face business owners I had ever experienced. As a final note, I spoke to other families that were staying there and they had very similar incidents as well, proving that it was not our baseball team that was an issue. Should anyone stay at this Nightmare Hotel, I warn you that you may have a very shocking experience.

• Stayed July 2009
5 Thank Emiko5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Regina
Reviewed April 18, 2008

We have stayed at this place numerous times, and the owner and staff are so friendly. The place was very clean, and we like the fact that it was a kitchenette so we could cook our own meals. The grocery store is within walking distance. Conveniently located and within walking distances to everything in Sicamous. High speed internet was very useful, and the bathroom brand new, with heated floors. Very nice. Will most likely stay there again, as the price is very reasonable, especially if you stay on a weekly basis. Highly recommend this place.

• Liked — Conveniently located
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
BC
Reviewed April 11, 2008

I am a commercial sales agent and have been staying at the
Paradise for the past 5-6 years, usually for two nights at a stay.
I appreciate their mini kitchens, which allow me to buy groceries
at the store a few blocks West and cook my own meals! A joy not
to have to eat in restaurants when spending most of a year on the
road as I do. I have never had a dirty room, the toilet fixtures may
not always be the same colour - but they are immaculate.
It is certainly not a hastle to wash a few dishes since all is provided - look at the rates, what do some folks expect? The owners here are understanding and when reserving I just give
my name - try that at a major hotel.

I give the Paradise excellent value stars for dollars spent - far
better than franchise operations!

Sign me, Road Warrior Pete.

• Liked — Great Value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed April 3, 2008

My family stayed at the Paradise Motel in Sicamous and we had such a wonderful time. The location is very close to the lake and downtown. Our room was a suite and had a kitchen area, it was very clean and comfortable for our family of 4. The complex was very comfortable with an outdoor pool for the days that we didn't feel like doing much. The hosts were very welcoming and accommodating. We had such a relaxing fun time we will be making Paradise Motel are regular home away from home while in Sicamous

• Liked — The Location, the amenities and the staff..Paradise Motel is a hidden gem
  • Disliked — Nothing everything was brilliant
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
North wales
Reviewed August 29, 2007

we came across this motel while traveling, very clean & comfortable, there was a mini kitchen & heated bathroom floor which was very nice on the feet

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
calgary
Reviewed August 17, 2007

We always stay in Sicamous on our way back from Vancouver to Calgary. We decided to try the Paradise because the last place we stayed had become a little too run down.

Check in was fine ,but the room was not as we expected. It was very run down, and there was a big sign saying if you didn't clean up after yourself there was a clean up fee.

We turned on the air conditioning and it banged, chugged and loudly spouted out warm air. We had to sleep with the windows open, but with trains running every half hour blowing their horns that wasn't possible. Just when we were ready for bed the toilett overflowed. It was too late to get help so we couldn't flush for the rest of the night and my son opted to pee outside in the bushes

We were in a one bedroom suite and my son was so hot he opened the front door left the chain on an tried to sleep. N ot exactly secure. The beds were hard and lumpy.

We had to leave very early the next morning. my son and daughter said they had hardly slept.

I think next year coming back from the cabin we will opt for Revelstoke it's only 15 more minuets and the accomodation choices much more modern. Stay out of Sicamous it's no Paradise.

• Stayed August 2007
3 Thank holidayerCalgary

Travelers are raving about these Sicamous hotels

CA
Reviewed August 13, 2007

We've been coming to Sicamous for 15 years. We have often stayed at the Paradise because of it's handy location and the kitchenettes can be useful. It's always been run down. The beds are hard as rocks and it can be noisy. It never struck me as particulary clean. It also was never unbearably dirty.

This summer, however, we arrived and the rooms were so filthy that my daughter and I both started having asthma attacks. In hindsight, I suspect this might be because they allow pets in the rooms and they probably hadn't cleaned comforters or sofas all season.

In addition, after sitting on the bed for a while we both started itching.

Oh yes, and the room was full of flies.

In addition, the second bedroom had a bare bulb hanging from the ceiling that wouldn't turn on.

Our experience with the managers in dealing with the situation was the worst cusotmer service I've ever experienced in my life. I'd love to go into the details because the whole situation got so ugly and nasty but as fellow travelers all you need to know is that the rooms were unacceptably unclean and the management about as unprofessional as you could possibly imagine.

We will never return to the Paradise.

The good news is that Sicamous does have a very nice hotel/motel now so there are good places to stay and enjoy this great little town.

3 Thank repeet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sicamous
Best Western Sicamous Inn
#2 of 4 in Sicamous
Monashee Motel
Monashee Motel
#4 of 4 in Sicamous

Been to Paradise Motel? Share your experiences!