“fantastic!”

Bahama John's Seafood & Rib Shack
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Sicamous
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Bahamian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The best place to unwind after a long day out on the boat. Come on in and grab a cold drink and some locally sourced food. At Bahama Johns we work closely with local farms and suppliers that are family owned and operated who respect the land and the animals in their care. The ingredients we use in our recipes are grown, raised and harvested close to home, ensuring fresh, great tasting seasonal food for our recipes. Our Heat n' Eat menu has a great selection, leave the cooking to us the next time you throw a party. All items are prepackaged, just pop em in the oven and Heat-Drink-Chill!
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The food is fantastic, the service is great and the atmosphere is amazing! We live and work in Sicamous but when we ate at Bahama John's it felt like we were on vacation. All together a wonderful evening out.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We vacation at Mara Lake as property owners here since 2007 and had pretty much given up on finding a good place to dine out in Sicamous. Bahama John's food and service by the water makes you feel like you are in Bahamas..only way better! Thanks John!!! Ken and Sana

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This place is seriously amazing. The atmosphere was great, the staff was super friendly, the owner even came out and did numerous rounds to the tables to see how everyone was doing. He was awesome!
The food was to die for. The jerk chicken was SO DELICIOUS! As was the veggie burger and pulled pork sammich was super amazing too. I'm sad that I probably won't get to go again as its nt even in my province. :(

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Bahama John's is truly one of those rare gems. Exceptional service, including top notch attention from John himself, to incredibly friendly staff - Jana is AWESOME! And amazing food. They live up to their motto "Eat, Drink, Chill & Chat!" AND they are amazing with the kids! Personal service at its best. This place is a keeper, one to be fully supported and treasured.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place has recently changed management and menu's and OMG it is SO GOOD! Before I get to the food the establishment is perfectly located so you can watch the boats go through the channel. There is plenty or covered and uncovered seating outside as well as seating inside. Very clean and relaxed atmosphere. But lets face it if the food is no good is doesn't matter where you are. Well this place does not disappoint. It is Caribbean BBQ I was expecting the food to be very hot as I don't do really hot food. It is spicy as in flavorful and you can request or be specific if you want a bit of heat or not. I had the jerk shrimp on green salad and it was the best! I could not get over how delicious the jerk sauce was, not to mention John special mixed my salad dressing for me as I couldn't decide between balsamic and blue cheese so I got a perfect blend. My husband had the "fried" fish and chips and OMG that was so good too! The fish is very lightly battered and absolutely delicious with or with out any of the side sauces. The dipping sauce it comes with is very good and it you want to kick it up a notch add the Fire Sauce. John the owner/manager and head chef was out to meet us. I have not seen this happen in any other place we have eaten in town or for that matter unless you are in a place willing to pay huge dollars for a meal. You can tell he cares about the business he is setting up and the food he is preparing. Absolutely recommend this place. So happy they are going to be open in the winter as well. This is definite my #1 pick in Sicamous and we have been coming here year round for 20 years. Bahama John just crushed Moose Mulligan's. Sorry Moose's you used to be my number one but things changed in a not so great way and now with another choose with a view when it comes to flavor and value BJ has you beat. Love that you can drive the boat up here, dock and have a meal not to mention take out! Signage on the channel would help promote this as we didn't realize this was an option. Oh yeah everything is made in house what a treat, and he grows the herbs on site. Yumm I can't wait to go back