“Just as good as the first time”

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sicamous
Reading, United Kingdom
“Just as good as the first time”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I had stayed here before en route to Kelowna so when Sicamous was announced as the location for a family party I didn't hesitate to book here again.
We had 3 rooms for 3 nights and by the 2nd morning the housekeeper didn't even need to ask my parents if they needed their coffee supplies refilling, she simply handed my mum a big wedge of coffee packets as she was walking along the balcony!
The staff here are so friendly and cannot do enough for you. The pool is a little on the chilly side however the temperature outside was in the mid 30s so it was a welcome relief from the heat!
Whilst a breakfast room is provided there is no restaurant for dinner however we can highly recommend Joe Schmuck's next door.
We had a wonderful time here and we will all be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked the room online September 2012. Upon Arrival the service was friendly and efficient. I was delighted to see the room was spotless. The decor and furniture were modern and appealing. Great room for the low price. I'll go back for sure.

Room Tip: Hotel offers deals with the cab company and a local pub called Moose Mulligans. Go for the drinks an...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg Manitoba
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had a great stay in one of their second story King rooms.

Driving through and was tired, was welcomed very warmly. The room was well appointed well priced.

If you are looking for a place to stay in Sicamous, stay here!!

There was a boil water advisory on when I was there, but was provided with ample free bottled water and a nice note from ownership.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Coaldale, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Decided to stay here, rather than the higher priced Revelstoke. The room was large and very clean. Lobby and breakfast area beautiful. Just stayed one night, wished we could have stayed longer.
The previous reviewer mentioned the boil water advisory. The town has been using large amounts of clorine to clear the water. BUT IN AN ABUNDANCE OF CAUTION, they are still asking people to boil water to drink. The water is safe to shower and bathe in, and actually doesn't look at all cloudy anymore. The hotel gives you as many bottles of water that you need to drink and brush your teeth. They also have water stations in the hotel to fill water bottles up again. In other words, unless you have a very very compromised immune system, I wouldn't worry about the water. (I also got an e-mail about this, prior to our stay)
There are a couple of good restaurants still open for lunch and dinner. And Tim Horton's is next store. We opted to go there for breakfast, but wished we had used the hotel breakfast. Missed out on fresh peaches !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had a reservation at this hotel for today September 23 and arrived after travel from Vancouver after a cruise. When I arrived there was a boil water advisory posted on the entrance. I was not notified in advance of this and was very disappointed that I couldn't have been emailed by Best Western. Luckily, the clerk was able to get me a room in Revelstoke and I ended up in a beautiful room in a very new hotel. I'm glad it wasn't already dark and the drive wasn't too far. I just couldn't handle the bottled water thing or worrying about greeting sick while on my 5 week trip.. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this boil water advisory on trip advisor.

Stayed September 2012
TimCorless, Owner at Best Western Sicamous Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I am so sorry that we did not reach you to inform you about the water advisory in Sicamous. We have outlined the challenge on many websites and talked about it previously on Trip Advisor and our team has contacted thousands of guests this summer regarding the advisory but we must have missed you.

Sicamous experienced some flash floods in June that left suspended sediment in the lake where our water supply is drawn from. The local municipality is still waiting for the sediment to completely settle out before removing the boil water advisory. In the mean time, the water is perfectly safe to use for bathing and we are providing all the bottled water our guests need at no extra charge.

We hope that you can stay with us sometime in the future
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed in this hotel both on our way to Calgary and on the way home. It was recommended to us by a friend and it certainly was a great place to stay. Very clean, and great service. I am handicapped and the staff couldn't be more helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TimCorless, Owner at Best Western Sicamous Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Our team will appreciate your kind words as they work hard to make sure all our guests are taken care of. We look forward to seeing you next time.
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Customer service is number one at this hotel. hotel was super clean. Food was great and eating area was clean. looks like they just updated the hotel. Would stay here again if traveling though. There staff should be comended on how nice they are.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sicamous
Podollan Inn
Super 8 Sicamous
Super 8 Sicamous
#2 of 4 in Sicamous
Prestige Harbourfront Resort

Been to Best Western Sicamous Inn? Share your experiences!