“Pleasant Stay”
Review of Artist's House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sicamous
Artist's House B&B
Ranked #1 of 10 Sicamous B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My partner and I recently spent one night at Artist Home on our return from Banff. We stayed in the Green room which was spacious and comfortable. Victoria was warm and welcoming without being intrusive. The highlight of our stay was the amazing breakfast she prepared the next morning. She was able to meet my special dietary needs and created an amazing breakfast to send us on our way. We would love to return one day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cllouis2013
There are newer reviews for Artist's House B&B

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights in the Green Room at this lovely B&B. The room was clean, comfortable, charming and quiet although the train does run just below the property. We had the windows open all night and were not bothered in the least. The history of the old house is very interesting and Victoria was happy to tell us details of the previous owners. Breakfast was excellent both mornings and the views of the lake are outstanding. We enjoyed the private beach below the property although you do need to be surefooted to get down there. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The Green Room is the largest and although does not have a lake view, it is lovely. It has its own...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I recently spent three very restful nights at The Artist's House. Victoria is a marvelous host who is more than willing to talk about the history of the house even while she is busy making you a fantastic breakfast. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and Victoria cares for the charming house down to every detail. The house is well situated as a starting point for short day trips or to just simply hang out on the deck and enjoy the amazing view. In addition to the very tasty breakfasts, we were lucky to be treated to a delicious bottle of a refreshing locally made Gewurztraminer (no....not at breakfast!). The wine was made not too far from the house by a friend of Victoria's. Let's hope her friend continues to grow the grapes to make and bottle this wine. We recommend a stay here for anyone looking for a welcoming rest.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank csburns
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Victoria made our stay extra special with everything from a personal greeting at the driveway to a delicious breakfast for two at a later time than the other couple, so that we might get a run in. There's a great deserted road accross the street for anyone wishing to run like we did. The room was charming, the house was lovely, breakfast was delightful, and Victoria was warm and welcoming. I'd love to stay here again one day!

Room Tip: The green room has en-suite bathroom with cool shower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is our second time visiting the Artist's House B&B and it feels like staying with a trusted and familiar friend. Victoria is a wonderful hostess who makes her guests feel right at home. Breakfast is a gourmet feast! So far we have been treated to Eggs Benedict and Baked Apple Pancake on our two visits and they were both scrumptious. Plus eating on the patio overlooking the water is a fantastic start to the day.

On both visits we stayed in the Orange Room, which has a wonderful view of the lake. Free wifi was important for us and very handy. Victoria can tell you about the history of the house, which is charming. She is a warm and hard-working hostess and artist and I look forward to more visits in future!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2013

So, in full disclosure, I lived in this house until I was fourteen years old. We moved away twenty-five years ago and my brother, Dad, and two children came back for two nights and stayed "in the old house." We were AMAZED! The owner, Victoria, has kept the house up/renovated it amazingly. It is absolutely gorgeous. The setting is as stunning as ever, overlooking the Shuswap on beautiful property that backs onto the woods. We stayed in the three rooms upstairs; my children and I shared "the blue room" which includes a cozy alcoved bedroom; my Dad had the spacious back bedroom that includes its own en suite, and my brother stayed in "the orange room" overlooking the lake. We all had wonderful sleeps (my children slept for wayyyyyy longer than normal due to how comfortable the room/beds were).
Victoria is a gracious and welcoming host. Her scones are unbelievable. Frankly I felt quite spoiled while we were here.
The outdoor recreation/lake/walking opportunities around here are really endless and if you've not been to the Shuswap before, come! Stay here! Enjoy! And if you have been to the Shuswap before, definitely book a stay at this great B and B on your next visit; you already know how great the area is and now learn how great Victoria and her beautiful home are!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Victoria S, Owner at Artist's House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Aww Kyla, Thank you for taking the time to write such a raving review! I Loved having you and your family reconnect to the house, relax, and go back in time.
It was as if the 'Hemmingway' family dropped in for a visit....all the stories!
You are all part of the magical history of interesting people who have left their imprints.
This place is for sharing. I am delighted that you were able to come back to your childhood home.
love and laughter
Victoria

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed for 1 night. The location is overlooking the lake with beautiful views. The house is down away from the highway but close to the railroad. There is noise from the trains but, honestly it's not a big deal. The view makes up for it. We were able to walk down to the lake but the slope is only for people with good walking abilities. The house is amazing and full of character. Breakfast was great with local ingredients and the coffee very tasty. I would recommend staying here to anyone, and is a great location if your driving along highway 1.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sicamous
Best Western Sicamous Inn
#6 of 10 in Sicamous
Paradise Motel
Paradise Motel
#3 of 4 in Sicamous

Been to Artist's House B&B? Share your experiences!