“Average & off our list”

Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Sechelt
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are an Italian restaurant with a western flare. Our saloon, it's the perfect place to hang out and grab a drink. Come visit us today and experience our great atmosphere!
Reviewed August 22, 2010

As first-timers to Sechelt for a vacation, we tried this establishment for lunch yesterday. We were dispappointed with the food, service and behavior of the kitchen staff, and will not return. The menu has a variety of dishes so there is a good choice for everyone. The service was very slow, but at least the wait staff would come by a few times to reassure us that the food would be coming soon. We suspected that the delay was in the kitchen, and perhaps there was a rush at the time we came in (1 PM SAT). Our food arrived and was plated nicely. It was average in flavor; the crust was not thin crust, the pasta sauce was bland (rosee sause) and the pizzas were hit and miss (both bland but the classic was much better than the meatball). We heard shouting and whooping from kitchen staff, clearly having fun, but this was beach party behavior and not what we expected to hear in a restaurant. At the end of our meal, the staff started clearning off the table while we were sitting and talking, asking if we still wanted our drink glasses, and it was disruptive so we left. All four of us were adamant that we will not return.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

The chef was very accommodating to our needs, the waitress was attentive and quick, and the food was delicious. The restaurant itself is not very trendy, nor does it have comfortable chairs or a clean-cut look, but there's worse...

Reviewed June 22, 2010

I've tried this restaurant on a few occasions, mostly by the request of others for birthdays and so forth. I tried to be as unbiased as possible, ordering different things each time I've gone.

Sure you get a lot of food for you dollar but I'd rather have the quality. Growing up in an Italian neighbourhood and having lived in Italy, this is some of the most unauthenthic (mangacake) Italian food I've have. You might as well be at East Side Marios. It's basically the same quality and type of food... not horrible but most definitely not memorable. And not good enough for me to go back. But, I guess, most people on the Coast can't tell the difference.

Thankfully the service is decent and the atmosphere has improved since their last renovation.

Sita's, a similar restaurant in Gibsons, is a slight improvement.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

Best in BC? You don't get out much! Possibly the worst meal I've had in my life! What a disappointment. I had the rotini and meatballs but the sauce was very very sweet as if they accidentally poured a cup of sugar in there. Honestly, I could not even eat it. Hubby had a linguine and shrimp dish but wasn't impressed and there was very little pasta on the plate. Service was AWFUL and slow. If service wasnt so bad, we may have been able to complain about our meal but no one came around. We had to go to the front desk to get our bill. Then there were 3 extra drinks on the tab so we had to wait for another bill. We usually tip generously whenever we eat out but we didnt leave one cent. We have eaten here before but we'll never return. Not too many choices left for dining in Sechelt!

Reviewed April 9, 2010

This is the best Italian place in BC, priced right and the food is excellent. If you like pasta the standards are all great but order the Cajun Seafood Rose, outstanding.