“waited 10 minutes for a waitress to order a $7.00 pint”
Review of Lighthouse Pub

Lighthouse Pub
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Sechelt
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Halfmoon Bay, Canada
“waited 10 minutes for a waitress to order a $7.00 pint”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have been going to the lighthouse a couple of times a month for about 3 years. The service has always been unpredictable but today was crazy. I walked in alone and waited for a waitress to take my order. 4 different servers walked right by me and none offered to take my order. In frustration I walked out, no one even noticed. Just as well I guess as the price of a pint of beer is now over $7.00 and the new menu isn't as good as the old one. The trouble is there are not many places to go for a pint in Sechelt, so I guess the competition will get more of my business. By the way I walked into the competition after leaving the Lighthouse and I got my favourite beer delivered to my seat in under a minute by a waitress with a huge smile and welcome. And it was cheaper. Lighthouse what's happened to you?

1 Thank ihearthmb

Calgary, Canada
“Lunch Stop”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were in the area for a few days and visited this pub for lunch one afternoon. Menu is typical pub fare and the quality was good. Prices were reasonable and they have a wonderful patio overlooking the harbour area which is fantastic to sit on if the weather is cooperating. We'd go back here again in the area....definitely worth a visit!!!

Visited June 2013
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
“Just pub food”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have been here 2 nights running probably because has great view and easy to find when you are a tourist. Will not be going again tonight as the menu is boring and everything seems to be covered in garlic. Tartar sauce in the U.K. does not have garlic in. Overall impression is that it is a locals pub to watch sport on tv and listen to rubbish music.

Sechelt, Canada
“What Happened to Our Pub?!!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We always go the The Lighthouse for a nice meal and the gorgeous view. Also, as my husband has celiac we can always depend on him getting a good GF meal and they even have GF pizza. We eat there 1-2 times a week but this past week we had not one but 3 horrible meals there. The 'new' menu is missing a lot of our favs and the edaname we always have was changed, dipping with a terrible sauce that had settled at the bottom of a chinesefood take out carton they now serve it in. The pods were overcooked, not lightly steamed as usual and the sauce was some sort of mystery sauce. My ribs were tough and dry. Took friends there next evening and they had the wings listed as GF but I have my doubts as hubby sick all night. Perhaps they don't know soya and worchester sauce both contain wheat? Potato salad i always have was heavy with mayo and not the usual they serve.

When we questioned the new menu and the poor quality of the food and just some really bad cooking we were told there was new management and new chef. Not good move to take over and change everything and they really need a new cook fast. Small town, news travels fast here. They've lost 2 regulars here as it's just too expensive to waste money on low quality food and then ruins your evening when the food is not good and poorly prepared.

Too bad as we like the atmosphere and the view but lots of good restaurants here also have a view. Check out Sirens by the Sea for one....

2 Thank RomeoandJuliet1989
North Vancouver, Canada
“Lunch while the seaplanes come & go!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a delightful lunch at the Lighthouse Pub on Porpoise Bay. My husband chose the shrimp sandwich & I had their house specialty, smoked salmon chowder with herb bread. Wonderful!