“Nice atmosphere”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with my daughter.
Gluten free pizza. Never tried
This before and it was very tasty. Didn't have the wine we ordered so the waitress brought
us a bottle that wasn't on the menu. When the bill came I was shocked to see that they charged $40.00 for a bottle of
Naked grape which you can buy in the liquor store for under $10.00. My daughter didn't want me to say anything but I could not see this as being correct. The waitress checked with management and they reduced it to $26.00. Still too much, but
always ask how much the wine is first that they just bring to you. I can see restaurants charging double for wine but that should be the limit.
Over all it is a great place, nice view of the water and the service was good!

• Visited May 2013
vvh5764, Manager at Lighthouse Pub, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
First off, I would like to apologise for the pricing mix up. We just launched our new drink menu today and some programming was being done during the day yesterday that probably was the reason for the mistake. Our Naked Grape Shiraz/ Pinot Gris price is $26 per bottle not $40, and we do try and price our wines to balance quality and affordability. Sorry again for the mix up and I will review our pricing. Thank you for the feedback.

-Curtis Slingerland

Gibsons, Canada
“Crash into the rocks at The Lighthouse Pub !”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This has to be my favoririte pub on the Coast . Arguably the best location of any bar or restaurant I've ever been to . Situated at the end of Sechelt Inlet on the Sunshine Coast The Lighthouse Pub is located within the marina . Sit on the deck on a sunny day against the backdrop of Mountains meeting the sea and watch the fish boats ,seaplanes and weekend warriors attempting to trailer their boats in and out of the water or sit inside in rustic comfort and take in all the nautical memorablia that decorates this space . Wait staff is friendly and efficient and the selection of beers on tap are numerous . Food is pub fare (so don't expect haute cuisine) and is resonably priced , delicious (never had a bad meal yet) and served in generous portions . I would definately recommend The Lighthouse Pub and whenever I'm visiting Sechelt I always make a point of stopping in .

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank christopher t
Langley City, Canada
“Great pub, fantastic beer selection, great food!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Came for lunch and we were impressed by the menu selection. The albacore tuna appy and crab cake appy were perfect, and for the main we had the salmon burger and the pulled pork sandwich. Best beer menu on draft I've seen in years, lots of great microbrews. Fast and friendly service, and a great view of the inlet!

• Visited May 2013
vvh5764, Manager at Lighthouse Pub, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thanks for the great review! I am glad to hear that you liked the beer list. We really tried to have a flavour for everyone to enjoy. Hope to see you back on the patio!

-Curtis
Coquitlam, Canada
“Prawns”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Fresh delicious prawns!!! and great cold beer, what more do you need? Oh yah, its on the water making for a great view!

Visited July 2012
vvh5764, General Manager at Lighthouse Pub, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Fantastic! Thanks for the review. As we head into the summer our goal is to get a wide variety of fresh local seafood....and of course the beer will always be cold!
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We liked the ambience and very friendly staff. We enjoyed the fact that it was right on the water and could sit and watch the boats in the harbour.

Visited April 2013