“Great food, great location, great staff!”
Review of Lighthouse Pub

Lighthouse Pub
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Sechelt
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've been here for lunch, dinner, hockey games, lazy days, you name it, and have never been let down! Dale, who i think is the manager, stops for a friendly chat on occasion, not over bearing, just a friendly how do you do type thing. The wait staff is outstanding! Emma is my favorite! She makes you forget its raining out sometimes she's so refreshing! And the food! Sometimes i get recommended something I'd never try, and have never been led astray. Great value, probably worth the trip from the lower mainland just for dinner!

DGS27, General Manager at Lighthouse Pub, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Wow - Thanks for the kind words... Of course we are always happy to hear when we get it right.
I will pass along the praise to the staff - They earned it!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I and approximately 30 of our friends attended a Saturday night ACDC tribute called THUNDERSTRUCK!!!! Honestly can't remember the last time we had so much fun. The atmosphere was great, the band was awesome and our waitress made the whole night. We all shared a bunch of appies, their wings are to die for. Will definately be back for the next show.

1  Thank natan a

I loved that show! The wwhole room had a great time. I will be sure to book Thunderstruck again for a few months down the road... Thanks for the review!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've been coming here for over a year, and have never been disappointed! I'm not sure of her name, but the pretty, tall ,waitress with the English accent is delightful!

Thanks for the kind words... I will pass your praise on to Emma... She deserves it!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been frequenting the Lighthouse Pub for over 20 years and seen many, many changes. The last change was a massive kitchen revamp that turned out not only practicle and modern, but allowing an extended menu. The interior decor of the pub is top drawer.

I don't lunch there very often, but have been to their restaurant(Bucaneers) right next door, same view, same staff, which offers a senior's menu during the week. The times I have been to Bucaneers the food was outstanding, usually having the chicken breast sandwich, fish and chips or the New York steak. The decor in this room is superb, and even touts a pirate's ship.

I visit the pub, pretty much every day, with the rest of the Old Guys, to resolve all the world's problems, and that is quite a task, hence the daily Summit meetings. Due to living here, we always let the tourists have the view seats and we belly up to the bar, with our backs to the view. During the summer, the deck is always full, even if it is drizzling, the deck has a powered glass roof. A fantastic spot to watch the seaplanes and boats go by.

And, now for the best part, the staff. Jeff, Ria, Jet, Jordan, Emma, Heather, Lenore, Cathleen, the list goes on and on, are fun bunch, always going the extra distance to provide good service.

If you have never been to the Sunshine Coast, you will do yourselves and family a favour. It is beautiful. I would strongly suggest you visit the Lighthouse, as it is the kind of place you won't forget. To research our coast, go to www.bigpacific.com.

DGS27, General Manager at Lighthouse Pub, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank You! Those are very kind words... It is indeed a beautiful place we live and I am so proud to share it with the travelling public. Thanks also for the shout out to the staff as they work hard and it is nice to have them feel appreciated.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews on trip advisor I decided to give this place a try. I really can't see how it's rated #2 in Sechelt. The food was mediocre- burger patty was burnt and had a funny taste, the service was so so, and the clientele was interesting... I think there are better places to eat in town.