“Never again” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

So first i want to just say that i've been to some restaurants and had pretty crappy service, but what i experience here was just terrible. We sat outside & had a group full of older men, chain smoking & i couldn't even breath & they were drinking also. So it took her about 20 mins to finally come to us with MENU'S after passing us that entire time, once she brought us the menu we waited about 10 mins after, & she asked what drinks we wanted.. As she left with the drink order, 2 couples come in that she new beside us & for some reason we waited ANOTHER 10 mins to get our drinks, now im annoyed & i noticed she happen to bring out these's couples drinks before us. I was about to walk out at this time, but she showed up with our drinks, roughly put them on the table and walked away. So about 15 mins later, we got our meals, we ate everything which wasn't that bad, but food that isnt worth all this. So we waited and waited for our bill to come to the table & i mean she kept walking by, i was making eye contact, nothing.... 15 mins later i got up with my boyfriend and i was like we will go find someone to check us out, im done waiting...& i wasn't to happy at this point. So i go up to the front were they have there lotto & my waitress is basically arguing/yelling at a older lady that won the lotto, as im standing there waiting to pay my bill she pushes through my boyfriend & I & NOW AT THIS POINT I WAS 2 SECONDS AWAY from walking out. Then she realized that we were there & paid. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER recommended anyone to go there. Disgusting service. Couldn't believe it.

• Visited July 2014

“Small Town Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice little pub with good food and good service. mostly locals here....all having a great time.Lots of gambling opportunities...horse racing,keno,etc.Nice Big Screens featuring major sports events.
Great place to eat.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smelly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Went with a large group (we were expected). Only 2 servers and apparently 1 cook. The place had a rather unpleasant smell. My husband and I ordered "salmon" burgers. Being a coastal town, we expected salmon, but what was served was a revolting patty of quite mysterious ingredients. Because we took pity on the poor server, we did not have the heart to send the meal back. We took a visitor from Vancouver with us and were embarrassed by the place. We will not be darkening their doors again unless some positive changes are made.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 686oceanlover
Sechelt, Canada
“Gilligans - Not fancy but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Gilligan's Pub may not have the fancy ocean view, it is older and could use some updating, but its clean and serves good pub type food. Gilligan's does seem to cater to the locals rather than tourists. Their prices are less expensive than other local pubs but the staff are great, very friendly and provide quick service whenever we've been there. There is a large outdoor section available, which is nice in the summer, even if there isn't a view. This is our "go to" local pub. We actually live closer to another local Pub which has spectacular views, but we think their menu sucks and its way over priced, so we are quite happy to travel a little further to eat at Gilligan's.

• Visited April 2014
CHILLIWACK
“Great food, good value for a bar. What more would you want.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The host of our B&B mentioned several restaurants in Sechelt, but endth hed with "If you don't mind a bit of character, try Gilligan's Pub downtown. Great food and reasonably priced."
So, after spending most of the afternoon on the nearby beach, my wife and I decided to give Gilligan's a try, and weren't disappointed. You walk in, and I admit, the pub is dark and seedy looking. A big wall of tv's broadcasting horse races and keno results to the older clientel indicates the style of the pub.
We sat down and were quickly greeted by the friendly waitress, who took our order and quickly brought our drinks.
Our food came out fresh and hot. My wife ordered the Torpedo Prawns and I had the Gilligan burger. Both were quite plentiful and tasty.
So, even though the atmosphere might not be to some people's liking, the food and service make Gilligan's Pub worth going for.

• Visited August 2013