“Wonderful food in a family atmosphere”
Review of Blue Heron Inn

Blue Heron Inn
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Sechelt
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful food in a family atmosphere”
Reviewed May 23, 2010

We had a great time at this restaurant. The food was delicious - the tomato and basil soup was scrumptious and the stuffed artichoke with crab and shrimp was superb!

Vancouver Island, BC
“Lovely Spot”
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Wonderful scenery, excellent food and service. Gayle offered to open anything on her list for a glass so I had a nicer cab than you'd usually get on by the glass list.

ontario
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Our family recently vacationed in the beautiful Sunshine Coast of BC. When visiting the town of Sechelt the Blue Heron was highly recommened. We were not disappointed and so impressed by the beautiful view and the service was prompt and friendly and the food was perfect. We had an ecellent evening and we would highly recommed this restaurant to anyone visiting or living in Sechelt.

Vancouver, BC
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed January 3, 2010

My husband and I made a reservation at this restaurant for New Years Eve dinner. Based on the webpage and other reviews, we expected wonderful ambience and a fabulous meal. We were sadly disappointed.

The price of the meals reflected a high-end restaurant. Unfortunately, the food was mediocre at best; the service friendly but hardly "fine dining", and the restaurant itself had an acrid, slightly sour smell about it that the smell of the food could not cover.

The caesar salad was a small side plate of romaine hearts sprinkled with powdered parmesan (at least I think that's what it was). The side dishes (rice, two green beans and a sprig of asparagus) were cold and the bread "basket" consisted of 3 or 4 small pieces of a baguette.

Save your money. This one's not worth it.

2 Thank SunSeeker13
Toronto
“AMAZING”
Reviewed December 25, 2009

I just went to the Blue Heron inn for a beautiful Christmas dinner, Gail was so wonderful greeting us at the door as if she has known us for year (my husband and I just flew in from Toronto and the Blue Heron came highly recommended from the people of the town of Sechelt) the seafood was the best I've ever had smoked trout was easily my favorite, and my husband steak was cooked to perfection. The service was amazing, they made you feel like family, meeting the daughter of the owners who had just flown from Toronto to help out her parents kept us entertained for our lovely evening. We were so impressed we came back the next morning for the Christmas luncheon buffet. I cant wait to go back!!