“Excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
ontario
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Our family recently vacationed in the beautiful Sunshine Coast of BC. When visiting the town of Sechelt the Blue Heron was highly recommened. We were not disappointed and so impressed by the beautiful view and the service was prompt and friendly and the food was perfect. We had an ecellent evening and we would highly recommed this restaurant to anyone visiting or living in Sechelt.

Vancouver, BC
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed January 3, 2010

My husband and I made a reservation at this restaurant for New Years Eve dinner. Based on the webpage and other reviews, we expected wonderful ambience and a fabulous meal. We were sadly disappointed.

The price of the meals reflected a high-end restaurant. Unfortunately, the food was mediocre at best; the service friendly but hardly "fine dining", and the restaurant itself had an acrid, slightly sour smell about it that the smell of the food could not cover.

The caesar salad was a small side plate of romaine hearts sprinkled with powdered parmesan (at least I think that's what it was). The side dishes (rice, two green beans and a sprig of asparagus) were cold and the bread "basket" consisted of 3 or 4 small pieces of a baguette.

Save your money. This one's not worth it.

2 Thank SunSeeker13
Toronto
“AMAZING”
Reviewed December 25, 2009

I just went to the Blue Heron inn for a beautiful Christmas dinner, Gail was so wonderful greeting us at the door as if she has known us for year (my husband and I just flew in from Toronto and the Blue Heron came highly recommended from the people of the town of Sechelt) the seafood was the best I've ever had smoked trout was easily my favorite, and my husband steak was cooked to perfection. The service was amazing, they made you feel like family, meeting the daughter of the owners who had just flown from Toronto to help out her parents kept us entertained for our lovely evening. We were so impressed we came back the next morning for the Christmas luncheon buffet. I cant wait to go back!!

Lower mainland
“Hell's kitchen!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My wife and I were recommended to go to the Blue Heron restaurant as a "fine dinning experience" We called ahead to ask about the specials and were promptly corrected that they were "features" not specials. We were also told to make sure we called ahead to make reservations. Our reservations were for 7PM we arrived to find only 3 tables filled in the whole place. My wife ordered the "feature" of salmon halibut and prawns and I ordered the rack of lamb after being told that there was none better anywhere else. Our appetizer of stuffed artichoke arrived and was edible, but I would not recommend it as fine dining. then our ceasar salads arrived with enough garlic to kill an army of vampires. Our entrees arrived and my wife started by eating the salmon which she said was very good but very bony then she tried the halibut to find it under cooked ( jelly like ) my meal on the other hand was ordered as med rare rack of lamb and came out as well done, ( but tasted ok so I ate it anyways) we sent the halibut back to the kitchen to hear the chef scream loudly and a plate thrown across the kitchen. My wife received a whole new meal complements of the house and the salmon and the halibut were both undercooked this time and the prawns were overcooked. during our 2 hour stay there was a lot of yelling in the kitchen that the wait staff tried to drown out by turning up the music..... Our advice to Blue heron restaurant is that if you are going to have a temper like Gordon Ramsey at least back it up with his quality.

5 Thank v45magnaman
Prince Albert
“Fabulous!!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

My husband and I just returned from the Sunshine Coast and chose the Blue Heron because our hotel recommended it for seafood. We were so impressed the first night with the Seafood Special that we returned the second night for the Digby scallops, and we were not disappointed. Gail is a marvelous hostess and the service is impeccable. We sat by the window and as the sun set on Porpoise Bay she lit candles in the entire restaurant (including the washrooms). We will definately return to this very special place.