“Fabulous Meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Heron Inn

Blue Heron Inn
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Sechelt
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Westminster, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Meals”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our first time at the Blue Heron, and we will be back.... both of our meals were incredible, the filet mignon was the best meat dish I have had the pleasure of eating. The seafood special was equally enjoyed. The starter soup (asparagus) was amazing.

An easy and light evening with a great interaction with the owners. Yes, we will be back!

• Visited November 2012

“Delicious”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The food was fantastic! I started with the muscles and the sauce had a medium thickness to it which I have never experienced before...I loved it and the flavors just enhanced the muscles it did not over power them. I then moved on to the duck (I try to have duck when it's offered because I don't make it at home), again very nicely cooked and they gave me the duck leg which I have never had before. I literally just wanted to pick it up and chew the meat off the bone. In each dish the portion was very generous and I came out stuffed and with a huge grin on my face. If you're looking for a quiet intimate place for dinner and want really delicious food please come try this restaurant, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited November 2012
Vancouver
“Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Blue Heron restaurant website highlights the following: ‘memorable fine dining experience’, ‘the fine dining menu specializes in FRESH seafood’. Well… the experience was extremely far from ‘fine dining’ apart from the price (very expensive compared to the quality of food served). The setting is completely outdated – begging for new update and decoration. The quality of food is well below expectations, the duck was ordered as medium rare and ended up being dry, tasteless and appeared to be re-heated. The menu features ‘fresh’ crab that has got me literally sick for two days. I believe this says it all. Our first time and most probably last time visiting this place and so would not recommend it to anyone.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank IldiH
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Always fantastic!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have had the pleasure of dining at the Blue Heron Inn on several occasions. Each time my guests and myself have enjoyed the lovely view as well as the superb meals. On my last visit, I had the Fillet Mignon with a fantastic peppercorn sauce while my fish and seafood enjoying guests, mostly from Ontario, said it was the best seafood they have eaten. Sorry, I cannot remember what they had. The service was also wonderful and friendly. I finished my meal with a chocolate ganache...YUM! is all I can say! My guests had a cream caramel and a lovely lemon tart. I would highly recommend the dining experience to all.

Visited September 2012
Golden BC
“Interesting”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

As just read some other reviews, I am a bit surprised by the good reviews this place has gotten. We were not really impressed. First of all, they were out of three things on the menu (not a biggy but it's not a big menu to begin with). Then, we chose a window seat to enjoy the view but the windows are SO dirty that it is difficult to concentrate on anything but that. The food is average at best but they charge a lot. I ordered the Salmon which had orange peels as the garnish. Looks good but it was on the salmon in the sauce so I thought it would be eatable which let me tell you, it is not! Gross.
Overall, too expensive for the quality. And yeah, they need to redecorate - or decorate or something. The inside looks terrible. So dark and run down.

• Visited September 2012