“Best dinner and most friendly people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Heron Inn

Blue Heron Inn
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Sechelt
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Redmond, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dinner and most friendly people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Blue Heron Inn is owned by a remarkable couple, Gail who takes care of the hospitality and Manny who runs the kitchen. The service was impeccable and the meals were to die for. The prices were, in our mind, reasonable. Both Manny and Gail were very concerned about my wife's dietary restrictions and altered or offered items on the menu that would fit. They worked closely with The Tuwanek Hotel, where we stayed, to ensure our evening was everything we expected. The view from the deck as well as the dining room was breath taking. The best part was the friendly open atmosphere. Both Manny and Gail sat and chatted with all the guests until late into the evening. Another secret I can't keep

Visited June 2012
1 Thank gwl57

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Service, Great View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

We came here for our anniversary dinner as a part of a Livingsocial dinner credit provided to us as a part of our stay at the Tuwanek Hotel down the road (also a great place). We read the reviews and thought we would give it a shot. For the price we were pleasantly surprised with the size of the portions and the quality of the food. The seafood was fresh and cooked perfectly. The flavours were rich, but not overwhelming. We were hoping to have dessert, but had no space left in our stomachs. Every meal comes with a choice of soup or salad (I would recommend the soup). We will definitely come back the next time we visit the sunshine coast.
Thanks again Manuel and Gail.

• Visited June 2012
Seattle
“From a Foodie's Perspective...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

First impression-

This place needs to be royally updated. But the view of the ocean is beautiful so if you can grab a window seat or better yet sit outside on the deck.

The food was nicely plated and was very good. I had the halibut which seemed a tad bit fishy but I'm a bit finiky when it comes to fish. My better half had the steak and it was very tender and flavorful. Price was $25-$30 CAN a plate which seemed about right.

The service was very prompt and friendly in a down home kind of way. We sat out on the deck and I was a little taken back by the owners dog barking on the deck above us. Ruined the moment a bit for us but over all I would eat here again.

Visited June 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“A true gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

When planning our trip we were told that we had to try the Blue Heron Inn. We decided to visit for my husbands birthday and it did not disappoint. We were immediately awed by the beauty and tranquility of the setting and enjoyed a walk out on the pier. We were then greeted by a warm bubbly Gail and equally happy (and sincere I might add) waitstaff. The menu is very diverse and it was very very hard to select just one appetizer and main course, made even harder by the wonderful features.

The appetizers were delicious! We enjoyed the house smoked chorizo sausage which was delicate and perfectly seasoned. The artichoke neptune was clean and bright, a wonderful update on an old classic. The Bermuda onion salad was heavenly and left me wishing for more. Upon previous recommendations we both ordered the tomato basil soup, and as promised it was devine. Our main courses were equally wonderful. The smoked black cod was wonderfully aromatic with the perfect amount of smoke and salt. The sauce was delicate but perfectly paired to complete the dish. The steak neptune was done perfectly with another beautifully complementary sauce. I could have literally ate a whole bowl of that sauce. Again chef Manny demonstrated how one can take a classic and elevate it to a new level.
Despite being extremely full we could not help but order the rhubarb tart and baked camembert with berries. A perfect end to a great meal.

This is truly a gem. A quiet place with great food and great service. We appreciated that they allowed us to pace the meal and did not rush us to finish up even though we were the last people left. We look forward to another visit soon!

• Visited June 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Restaurant Experience ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I had a $25 voucher for the Blue Heron Inn and even without it we would have been happy to pay full price! I am a huge foodie and an accomplished cook myself, but the food here was absolutely inspired. The tomato basil soup was heavenly, the steak melted in your mouth and the scallops and prawns were cooked to perfection and served with expert presentation. I raved about the food so much that the chef came out so I could thank him personally and give him a hug! lol. The hostess was also just lovely, she good naturedly poked fun at us and I cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard while eating out. The service was fantastic and the food was just amazing. I highly reccommend this place, you will not regret it!

• Visited May 2012