“I always come back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sechelt
Tzoonie Wilderness Resort & Adventures
GreenLeadersBronze level
“I always come back!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Now that my little girl has grown up, we can all enjoy the camp. This little "jewel" of a spot always amazes me with the upgrade in amenities every year. The hosts Art and Aleta are always the most accommodating people I ever met, even though we do not need much attention.

The two have been good friends to my family for many years. I have been to this camp more than 6 times in my life. When you get there, just sit and relax and enjoy the view. The peace and serenity will just do your body good. Many activities at the camp will keep you busy. If you can't stand to get a little dirty as you are near a beach, find something else. They have flushing toilets and hot showers just to mention.

For beginners, a short 2 night , 3 day trip is all you need. But for us, we go longer. I just truly love this place. I have known the hosts for over 10 years! Please remember this is a camp spot location and hence for my ratings.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 25, 2013

For us city dwellers in the Far East in Hong Kong, Tzoonie was truly a "piece of heaven" for us. There were just an "abundance" of everything from oysters, fishes, fresh air, sunshine, tranquility, smiles and friendship. We had a very enjoyable time re-connecting with nature and with family and friends. Art and Aleta were great hosts and together with Gary, we learned a lot about nature and to respect the environment, much more than we could learn from books alone.

This is one place where you can truly feel at home, as one holistically with nature, without borders, high tech gadgets, or any commercial tourism. Take your family, friends, your hunger for the outdoors and go. You will not regret it, we certainly didn't. As hard as it is for me, living in Hong Kong, please leave your iPhone and iPad at home, the only piece of high tech gadget you need is your camera to capture the beauty and abundance of this place.

One of the lasting memories we had, was the near "mirror image" of the mountains and the moon off the surface of the tranquil waters of the inlet, even at night. It was almost magical to us. The peace, tranquility, and isolation of this wonder place, made this all possible. We certainly look forward to returning one day, despite being mindful of the long 13 hour trans-Pacific flight, to re-connecting with nature, and to catching up with old friends.

William Siu
Hong Kong
at Tzoonie Aug 6-9, 2012

p.s. Note: the "When did you travel?" only had a date going as far back as Dec 2012, but we were at Tzoonie in August 2012.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Doha
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We visited Tzoonie in 2009 and had a wonderful 5 days there we fished and collected oysters and grilled them , the camp is beautiful and the company makes it more beautiful , I plan a return trip once my smaller children get older .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sunshine Coast, BC
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have been visiting the Tzoonie Camp for many, many years. Over these years we have experienced the changes and upgrades for the comfort of guests, but the natural beauty of the mountains, scenery, lush growth, crystal clear waters has remained unchanged. When visiting this area, one is continually reminded of the awesome splendor of British Columbia. When we visit, we fish for cod and crab, dig clams. pick oysters, and then enjoy the bounties of the sea cooked over the campfire, or in the well provisioned outdoor kitchen. We swim, sunbathe, sometimes just find our own private spot to read or nap. Art and Aleta are the finest hosts you will ever find, and when you go you always can tell how much they love and care for their little bit of Heaven! We will be returning! George and Maxine, Halfmoon Bay, BC

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Roberts Creek, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I visited Tzoonie this summer with a big group of my friends at the end of July. We brought our mountain bikes with us and took on everything Tzoonie had to throw at us. It was such an amazing time! We explored the roads, ate fresh sea food, kayaked and canoed, and lived the life far away from civilization. We enjoyed the full package and had our meals prepared by Chef Brad. I've never eaten so well on an outback trip. Art entained us the whole time with stories and hilarious banter. I loved staying in the cabins and waking up to the smell of camp fire and crisp fresh air. None of us wanted to leave, but I am sure we will all be heading back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My Dad and I have been here twice now, and enjoyed it immensely both times. It's hard to beat this ratio of travel time to untouched wilderness: this is a fabulous way to experience the best of the Sunshine Coast, and you can get there in under half a day from Vancouver. (you take the ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale, then your hosts pick you up for a short boat ride to the camp at a marina in Sechelt)
The camp is located on the shores of one of the inlets near Sechelt, so there is plenty of opportunity to explore by canoe or kayak, as the water is fairly protected, not being open ocean.
The seafood you can gather (fishing, picking oysters, digging clams, picking sea asparagus, etc) is the freshest possible; a true west coast experience. Art and Aleta are great hosts, and freely share their time and knowledge of the area.
Accommodations are a mix of cabins and platform tents.
I would recommend this place to anyone interested in experiencing the natural beauty of the Sunshine Coast -- this would be a fantastic place to take an out-of-town visitor if you are a BC resident, or if you just want to get away for a weekend.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I did more trips this summer than any other summer, and still it was the best trip of the summer. After boating in I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the area and site was. A great place to read, relax in the sun, or explore the area. Kitchen facilities, hot shower, and cool creek made the trip that much more pleasant for a wilderness getaway. Great hosts too...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sechelt
Painted Boat Resort
#1 of 5 in Sechelt
Royal Reach Motel
Royal Reach Motel
#5 of 5 in Sechelt

Been to Tzoonie Wilderness Resort & Adventures? Share your experiences!