Large, clean, private cottage, close to beach, beautiful deck & hot tub, lots of cute natural decor. Perfect for two couples, with a small apartment-like space downstairs. Only suggestions-Sofas could use updating/recovering.
My family of 4 enjoyed our 7 nights stay in Tuwanek. Lori was quick to respond to our inquiries and the cabin was everything we hoped for. Located only two minutes from the beach with a readily available canoe and kayaks, an intimate hot tub, a large deck area, a fully stocked kitchen with an outdoor grill, we couldn't have asked for more. Tuwanek Timbers truly felt like "home away from home". Hope to make it our yearly vacation spot.
Lori was very responsive from the beginning and really had everything included in our stay that we needed - towels, shampoo, paper towels, toilet paper, etc. The beach is a few minutes walk from her cabin and it was lovely to take our dogs away from the USA and the 4th of fireworks for a few days! Thank you for the lovely time!
I booked the cottage to celebrate a milestone birthday with my girlfriends. There were 5 of us. This house is cosy and intimate, so make sure you know each other well! The weather was spectacular so the doors to the front and back were open which added a huge amount of space. Besides being super close to the ocean, the hot tub and fire pit were main reasons I rented the house and they were wonderful. I really liked the styling and thoughtful details in the house, like the deck with an extra high shelf where you can stand and enjoy a drink and look out into the forest and the towel rack by the hot tub with an umbrella on top to stop the rain. All good. Loved the place and would definitely go back. I even enjoyed the steep hills, good exercise! Thanks to Lori for all the great communications, before, during and after our stay.
This is a very easy get-away from Vancouver. The cabin is clean, had everything we needed and was enough room for four adults and three kids (one of whom was a small baby). The hot tub was awesome. There’s a balcony and back deck that would be nice places to have meals outdoors when it is warmer, although it was a bit cold during our visit (early April). Lots of hummingbirds. The cabin is just across the road from beach access and there is some really nice, small kid-friendly forest walks just down the road at Hidden Groves (if you want to run there, it’s about 3km away along very hilly road, but the trails are beautiful/ easy for running).
It's hard to describe our stay at this cabin. I'll start with the pros:
- GREAT response from the owners regarding any questions we had, and great directions, etc. provided shortly before our stay
- Lots of windows with lots of light
- Very well stocked kitchen
- Lots of blankets (a few members of our party did not realise they were tucked away in the chest)
- Laundry facilities
- Beautiful front deck that was great for sitting and having morning coffee
- The hot tub and fire pit in the back were amazing. Since the photos, they have added a privacy screen behind the hot tub where the neighbouring homes may overlook the property. This was very much appreciated!
- Canoe and kayak available for use was fantastic and unexpected
- Very close to beaches, as described on the website. We really liked the Purpoise Bay Provincial Park beach which was about a 4 minute drive. It was a beautiful view with great sand.
- Wifi and Telus TV was much appreciated
- Security deposit was returned EXTREMELY fast
- The neighbourhood dogs loved us and we loved them
- Spider problem, tons of spiders when we entered the building. Not just a normal amount you'd expect for a cabin on the ocean. We spent a lot of time checking every inch of the cabin for spiders (some were huge, some were normal) and had to get the shop vac out for several cases of large spider gatherings. We spoke to the owners about this issue and we were taken care of respectfully!
- Couches in the photos are not what are actually there - the couches there were actually very disappointing. Very old with stains likely just from prolonged use. We put blankets over them so we could feel comfortable sitting on them
- Sitting area in photos is not quite there...it's changed up a bit with a big record player (that you can plug your phone into which was actually great)
- The website promised a DVD player so we brought several movies with this in mind. When we sat down to watch them, we couldn't find the DVD player to save our lives. We looked through the very detailed cabin manual and it said it was located on the shelf under the TV. It was not.
- We weren't sure what to do with our garbage. It said not to leave it outside...but it also seemed that we weren't allowed to leave it in the building. We ended up taking it to a public dumpster before leaving Seschelt which was weird
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||Large groups|
|People with pets|
Tuwanek Timbers was a cosy, well stocked cabin ( no need to bring the kitchen sink). We loved eating el fresco on the front deck for all our meals. Lori and Lanny were prompt and courteous with their responses to all my questions. The back deck with the hot tub was the cherry on top of the sundae. It has a neat fire pit area with wood benches on either side (unfortunately there was a fire ban). Very private back deck. There are outside speakers provided for the stereo so you can listen to music while "hot tubbin" it! It would be a cosy place to stay in the winter months with the wood stove and the hot tub. Great place, would stay again.