“Great B & B”

Ranked #6 of 26 Sechelt B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Great B & B”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was my first time staying at a B & B in Sechelt, I frequent often and usually stay in a local hotel but unfortunately the local hotels don't leave much to the imagination and are old and tired. A colleague recommended Above The Inlet to me and I quite enjoyed my stay. It is in a great location with amazing views of the inlet and Patrick and Patricia the owners were delightful. My recommendation is to request the Leopard room if possible, has a nice private patio for you to enjoy the view.

Room Tip: Leopard Room is amazing
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank MATTHEW R
abovetheinlet1, Owner at Above the Inlet B and B and Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you Matt for leaving this very informative review for other travelers, we know it will be of benefit to them as well as ourselves. We are very happy that you had a pleasant stay and will look forward to your next visit to Sechelt.
Our very best wishes to you
Patricia and Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kelowna,BC
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Traveled to Sechelt recently on business...First trip into the area & totally unfamiliar with lodging options...Chose "Above The Inlet" based upon their web-site & reviews...Always somewhat skeptical in these situations as to whether something is properly represented...No disappointments here! Patricia & Peter are truly the consummate hosts...wonderfully accommodating with invaluable advice concerning the region...Absolutely loved our "Penthouse" accommodation! The photos don't do it justice! Enticing & tasteful decor & a "heavenly" bed comparable to Westin standards...Lovely exposures to the Inlet...Close proximity to everything...Look forward to returning at some point

Room Tip: Previewed 3 of the rooms & although we chose the penthouse for a variety of reasons, would have...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank imrobertsheislinda
abovetheinlet1, Owner at Above the Inlet B and B and Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you very much for posting this glowing review and also the pictures. It was our pleasure to have you and we will look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Sechelt. Patricia and Peter
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is the best suit I have ever stayed at.
I can recommend it and u will have a great time. Patricia and Peter are very friendly.
You have a wonderful view to the Sechelt Inlet and the prices are great. I could also use my language, German. I loved it... Also since I've been here I always come back, especially in the summer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Steffi-Angel
Thank you so much for leaving such a positive and informative review and pictures for future travelers reference as well as ours. We are looking forward to your next trip and meeting your friends soon. Patricia and Peter
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I just spent four days in Seshelt, BC staying with our prty of four at Above the Inlet. This was by far more then I ever expected! The hosts, Peter and Patricia, were absolutly wonderful! Very welcoming and friendly, like we were family! And boy o boy...the view!!! I could get very used to waking up every morning with the sun rising over the mountains and Seshelt inlet!!

I would highley recomend this stunning place to anyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in the penthouse and added a second room...great value and amazing views! Even a kitchen t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Camp_grl
abovetheinlet, Owner at Above the Inlet B and B and Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you Carolyn for your very positive review, we enjoyed your whole group and would love to welcome you back into our home again. We appreciate the time you have taken to leave this review to enlighten our future guests what they should expect when they come to stay at Above the Inlet.
All our very best to you
Patricia and Peter
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The price was good and it was comfortable, however, breakfast is extra and although we asked for it and assumed we would pay when we arrived along with the room costs, we never heard anything about it and we never received it so we were only charged for the room. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place conveniently located in Sechelt but I'm just used to higher end B&B's. It seemed like the owners did all the work themselves and the rooms (we had three) just don't cut it for me and no air conditioning either which makes for very hot, uncomfortable rooms if it's 25+ outside. Although we had 'tweens' along with us I was surprised to find that children were allowed, particularly babies. I was awoken one morning by a screaming child of a couple staying in a room below us. Because of the heat and lack of A/C we had to leave the windows open, needless to say the screaming went on and on to the point that I had to shut the windows to get some more sleep. On a side note none of us got much sleep, not only was it hot upstairs but the beds were very uncomfortable, which is always tough when you are traveling. Our bed was too soft, the other too hard etc.

The owners are very kind and accommodating people.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
yousaidit, Owner at Above the Inlet B and B and Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I must admit when I first read it I was shocked at your disappointment, but after the initial shock I reread it and realized the gift you had given us to improve our accommodation.
We have ordered air conditioning that will arrive within 10 days.
We have been parents to small children and know how difficult it can be to find a nice place to stay. We are proud of the fact that we do accommodate these very grateful parents. We also understand the importance of a quiet nights sleep. The decision has been made that for our future guests with young children we will have them stay in the suite unlikely to disturb other guests, even with the windows open and if that suite is unavailable we will decline them to ensure we do not repeat the same problem you encountered for our future guests. I would like to also mention that we had no idea this child was crying or we would have tried to resolve the problem at the time, by asking the parents to close their windows until the crying was over. We do appreciate all of your comments and compliments and through them we will now have an even better place for our future guests to stay. Thank you once again Patricia and Peter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sechelt
Painted Boat Resort
#4 of 26 in Sechelt
The Tuwanek Hotel
The Tuwanek Hotel
#2 of 26 in Sechelt

Been to Above the Inlet B and B and Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!