“Takahashi Gardens deserves more than a 5 rating!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sechelt
Takahashi Gardens Waterfront Retreat
Mission, Canada
“Takahashi Gardens deserves more than a 5 rating!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I were fortunate enough to get the last 2 days available in August and stayed in the cottage. We can't wait to return!! Elaine has put a lot of thought into the decor and the comfort of her guests is paramount. Her hospitality is beyond reproach. The location is peaceful, relaxing, elegant, comfortable, and private. We read the reviews placed here by other guests and Takahashi Gardens lives up to every one and then some. Highly recommend it!! What are you waiting for?!

Dave & Mo
Mission, BC

Room Tip: Along with the cottage, there are two waterfront suites each with a private hottub. Either of the th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MoCanadian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Takahashi Gardens just keeps getting better! I am overwhelmed by the many upgrades that have taken place since our first visit. The latest being a new lower sundeck area complete with 6 loungers where you can catch some rays and enjoy the scenery. This visit we brought along 2 couples to share the Takahashi experience. We all enjoyed the retreat so much that instead of going out for dinner we decided to cook and eat right there. This is a great experience as the "BBQ Pit" as I call it, is set up so well, Everyone loved the rooms and each couple had their own private tub to enjoy, they all have spectacular views and are the perfect place to relax. Takahashi Gardens is the place to stay in Sechelt, by yourself or to share with friends, you'll absolutely love this five star facility!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RickSurrey_Canada
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I've stayed in the Nikko cottage probably a dozen or more times over the past year and half and find Takahashi Gardens clean, relaxing, beautiful, safe and 5 stars on hospitality. What ever you need to make your stay more comfortable, Takahashi Gardens is right there for you. I've stayed at other B&B's in the Sechelt area and find Takahashi Gardens a step above everyone else. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kory R
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Me and my girlfriend needed a getaway from our place in Vancouver. After doing some research, we found ourselves at Takahasi Gardens. This place was really everything we were looking for in a nice little two day getaway. It's quiet, tranquil, and to this day I haven't found anything more relaxing than sitting in that hot tub at night over looking the water. Elaine was super accommodating, and really made sure that we had everything we needed. Definitely 5 star, go treat yourself !

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam D
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2012

It was my boyfriend's 30th birthday and I wanted to take him somewhere he had never been before... The Sunshine Coast! I'd been googling places to stay, and wanted somewhere on the water with a nice view. I'd been looking up resorts located on the Sunshine Coast and they didn't really pique my interest... and the price tag attached to them was way more than I was willing to spend. I then came across Takahaski Gardens by accident and so glad that I did! I knew right away that this was the place I wanted to take him for the weekend. The price was right, it was on the water AND we would have our own private hot tub.

I recieved confirmation of our stay from the owner Elaine about a week before we were due to arrive. She wanted to know which ferry we would be catching and the time of our arrival. She also included a detailed map for us to find our way... it was very easy to find!

Elaine was there waiting for us when we arrived, and it really felt like we were visiting an old friend. She showed us around our accomodations and showed us how everything worked. She also included little treats in the kitchen like milk, orange juice, biscotti/cookies, popcorn, coffee and teas. We also let her know that we were not familiar to the area and she gave us maps and other brochures to look through. Our little studio was great... beautifully decorated and everything looked brand new and had everything you needed to cook meals rather than going out to eat (which we did!). What we loved the most though was the deck and the hot tub! Right outside our door were two adirondack chairs with comfy cushions perfect for lounging with a book and a glass of wine in the housecoats (and blankets!) and just to the left was our own private hot tub overlooking Porpoise Bay... sooo beautiful. Watched sea planes come and go.... other than the sound of the planes it was so quiet there... we didnt even see our neighbours once!

The Keurig coffee maker... the local homemade soaps... amazing shower... wifi.... comfy bed...big tv... lovely!

It was a drizzly weekend, but perfect for staying at TG... we really got to relax and barely left our place. We did go to the Farmer's Market on Saturday and picked up some fresh local shrimp, lettuce, garlic and spreads and had a great dinner that night!

I would recommend TG for couples looking to getaway and relax... next time I would definitely bring some kayaks or paddleboards up since the bay is so calm and looks fun to explore!

Thank you so much Elaine for your hospitality and if we are ever in Sechelt again, we're coming over!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Umi Suite. It was perfect!! The Yama Suite is right next door to it and has a king...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kilee895
Victoria, BC
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Elaine is a wonderful and welcoming host who has obviously put her heart into Takahashi Gardens. I stayed in the self contained cottage which is beautifully and artistically decorated. I loved the views from my private deck and hot tub. The cottage is bright and spotlessly clean and was outfitted with a small kitchen so I could prepare food. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank lozzz
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We found TG on the Internet, and our experience has been that you have to be careful about B&B properties that take seductive photos but fail to live up to the carefully framed views. Not so with Takahashi Gardens! Everything about the stay is first rate: spotlessly clean, relaxing, private, beautifully landscaped, tastefully decorated... your host Elaine has thought of everything, and makes you instantly at home. We loved the comfy bed and the fancy coffee machine (with many included flavors) but for us, the ultimate luxury was the private hot tub (included with each suite, each with the amazing view) where we sat out late at night. We'll be back, and we'll be recommending it to friends.

Room Tip: We loved the extra private Nikko Cottage
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Gryphic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sechelt
Gibsons Garden Hotel
The Driftwood Inn
The Driftwood Inn
#1 of 5 in Sechelt
Above the Inlet B and B and Vacation Rentals

Been to Takahashi Gardens Waterfront Retreat? Share your experiences!