“Wonderful relaxing getaway !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sechelt
Takahashi Gardens Waterfront Retreat
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“Wonderful relaxing getaway !”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Me and my girlfriend needed a getaway from our place in Vancouver. After doing some research, we found ourselves at Takahasi Gardens. This place was really everything we were looking for in a nice little two day getaway. It's quiet, tranquil, and to this day I haven't found anything more relaxing than sitting in that hot tub at night over looking the water. Elaine was super accommodating, and really made sure that we had everything we needed. Definitely 5 star, go treat yourself !

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2012

It was my boyfriend's 30th birthday and I wanted to take him somewhere he had never been before... The Sunshine Coast! I'd been googling places to stay, and wanted somewhere on the water with a nice view. I'd been looking up resorts located on the Sunshine Coast and they didn't really pique my interest... and the price tag attached to them was way more than I was willing to spend. I then came across Takahaski Gardens by accident and so glad that I did! I knew right away that this was the place I wanted to take him for the weekend. The price was right, it was on the water AND we would have our own private hot tub.

I recieved confirmation of our stay from the owner Elaine about a week before we were due to arrive. She wanted to know which ferry we would be catching and the time of our arrival. She also included a detailed map for us to find our way... it was very easy to find!

Elaine was there waiting for us when we arrived, and it really felt like we were visiting an old friend. She showed us around our accomodations and showed us how everything worked. She also included little treats in the kitchen like milk, orange juice, biscotti/cookies, popcorn, coffee and teas. We also let her know that we were not familiar to the area and she gave us maps and other brochures to look through. Our little studio was great... beautifully decorated and everything looked brand new and had everything you needed to cook meals rather than going out to eat (which we did!). What we loved the most though was the deck and the hot tub! Right outside our door were two adirondack chairs with comfy cushions perfect for lounging with a book and a glass of wine in the housecoats (and blankets!) and just to the left was our own private hot tub overlooking Porpoise Bay... sooo beautiful. Watched sea planes come and go.... other than the sound of the planes it was so quiet there... we didnt even see our neighbours once!

The Keurig coffee maker... the local homemade soaps... amazing shower... wifi.... comfy bed...big tv... lovely!

It was a drizzly weekend, but perfect for staying at TG... we really got to relax and barely left our place. We did go to the Farmer's Market on Saturday and picked up some fresh local shrimp, lettuce, garlic and spreads and had a great dinner that night!

I would recommend TG for couples looking to getaway and relax... next time I would definitely bring some kayaks or paddleboards up since the bay is so calm and looks fun to explore!

Thank you so much Elaine for your hospitality and if we are ever in Sechelt again, we're coming over!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Umi Suite. It was perfect!! The Yama Suite is right next door to it and has a king...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kilee895
Victoria, BC
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Elaine is a wonderful and welcoming host who has obviously put her heart into Takahashi Gardens. I stayed in the self contained cottage which is beautifully and artistically decorated. I loved the views from my private deck and hot tub. The cottage is bright and spotlessly clean and was outfitted with a small kitchen so I could prepare food. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank lozzz
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We found TG on the Internet, and our experience has been that you have to be careful about B&B properties that take seductive photos but fail to live up to the carefully framed views. Not so with Takahashi Gardens! Everything about the stay is first rate: spotlessly clean, relaxing, private, beautifully landscaped, tastefully decorated... your host Elaine has thought of everything, and makes you instantly at home. We loved the comfy bed and the fancy coffee machine (with many included flavors) but for us, the ultimate luxury was the private hot tub (included with each suite, each with the amazing view) where we sat out late at night. We'll be back, and we'll be recommending it to friends.

Room Tip: We loved the extra private Nikko Cottage
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Gryphic
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was in need of a relaxing location to 'recharge my batteries' and have the ability to do some business planning. Elaine was wonderful from the moment she greeted me and showed me around the accommodations. Her attention to detail was outstanding - a king size bed with a very attractive duvet and comfy sheets, popcorn and cookies, a fantastic selection of coffee and tea and orange juice in the fridge. Although the fireplace, Wi-Fi and television were all great the two best features for me were 1) the incredible view over the harbour water from the patio and the hot tub, and 2) the hot tub itself. Although it was great for me to rejuvenate and get business done, I would love to return with a partner as it is a very romantic place. I could not be happier with my stay!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Yama Suite
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Elaine makes you feel at home the instant you check in. The suite is beautiful, and the view from your living area is second to none. Your own private hot tub makes for the perfect romantic and relaxing vacation. All of the extras make it feel like home, only better. Elaine is an incredible hostess and is beyond accomadating to all of your needs. Thank you for the amazing Christmas vacation.

John & Michelle

Room Tip: All of the suites are beautiful. Each offers its own unique experience.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Takahashi Gardens is just the place that ones soul can relax at. Beautiful gardens and exquisite room. Elaine was a fantastic host, with just the right amount of presence and presents. We always came home to a little surprise on our deck table after being out exploring the many beautiful areas awaiting us. Good easy hiking, lots of funk factor in the local shops, and really tasty cuisine in the immediate and surrounding areas. We did not lack for one thing in our lovely room, fully functional stylish kitchen. Linens were scrumptious and the bed gave me two of the most comfortable sleeps I have had in a while. Excellent privacy as well. I fully recommend this beautiful getaway for either couples or a special getaway with a family member.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sechelt
Gibsons Garden Hotel
Royal Reach Motel
Royal Reach Motel
#3 of 5 in Sechelt
Tranquility Bay Waterfront Inn

Been to Takahashi Gardens Waterfront Retreat? Share your experiences!