My GF and I booked our weekend at TG last minute (night before arriving) and are so happy that we found this place. The owner Elaine was extremely nice and accommodating. Based on our schedule, she was able to help us with an earlier check-in and later check-out time which made things much easier for us. Once you arrive, you can tell that she put in a lot of work in setting up her suites and cottage. Every attention to detail was looked into - from the champagne and OJ to the water quality in the hot tub to the kimonos and slippers to the handmade soap she provides (the list goes on..).
For our stay, we were in the Nikko Cottage which is located behind the house making it a very private setting. It had a private hot tub, deck and was detached from the main building. The cottage is very new and super clean. Everything looks like it is still brand new or barely used. The cottage has a kitchen supplied with all the things you need to cook a full meal incase you feel staying in. The bathroom has a standing shower with rain drop shower head and is stocked with thick soft towels. The bed is a queen size and has nice soft sheets - pillows were a bit on the soft side but nothing to complain about. There is also an LCD TV equipped with movie channels so don't be fooled by the DVD machine in thinking you need to go rent a movie. The cottage also has AC/heat, a ceiling fan and an electric fireplace to make sure you are comfortable.
The property is in a very convenient location. It is right on the waterfront of Porpoise Bay so you can walk through her garden and onto the bay. It is also only a few minutes away from downtown Sechelt and a short drive from Davis Bay.
We can't say enough great things about this place and Elaine. She is such a great person to talk to and very helpful. She helped us find places to eat and things to do and even gave us a parting gift when we mentioned about one of her TG fridge magnets. The property is beautiful and we would definitely return and highly recommend this place to others.
A few random notes:
- 3 parking spaces, if there are 3 cars, be careful as there might not be much room to maneuver when getting back out.
- The sunlight problem mentioned by previous reviewer has been fixed and another blind was installed on the skylight to reduce the amount of sunlight shining down directly. Still a very bright room which is nice.
- Missed the entrance on our first attempt because the property sign at the entrance is black and hard to see.
- Do not lock the lock on the door knob on the front door when leaving - the two keys she provides are for the deadbolt on the front door and deadbolt on the deck door. We thought both keys were for both of the locks on the front door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxuriate in an all new studio cottage or 1 of 2 deluxe suites with stunning inlet views, each with private decks & private hot tubs, king/queen beds, spa robes & slippers, silky Egyptian cotton sheets, thick thirsty Egyptian cotton towels, handmade natural soaps, 32" LCD TV/WiFi/iPod dock, cable with move channels, private self-catering full kitchens well stocked with gourmet coffee, tea & a few goodies to start your morning & much more! From your patio, gaze upon the coastal wildlife & lush Japanese-accented gardens. Spa services available. A very private, serene oasis yet only 2 min to Sechelt. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Takahashi Gardens Waterfront Retreat Sechelt, Sunshine Coast