“Solid option”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Whistler, Canada
“Solid option”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great view of the water and worth checking out for the view Alone. Service was good and meal great. Couple beside us recommend the brunch but never got around to trying it out.

• Visited August 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Cute place - great ocean view!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Cute restaurant with really pleasant wait staff. Good brunch food even on a super busy weekend. Ask for a table outside overlooking the ocean - worth it even if it can be a bit noisy.

Visited September 2013
Mission, Canada
“Eggs florentine to rival any other”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited the Sunshine Coast for the first time and had breakfast on my last day at Siren's in Davis Bay. While the decor could really use an update and the outdoor patio is a little loud, the waitress was great and the "Vegetarian Benedict" was one of the best I've ever had. Fresh spinach, a perfectly toasted English muffin, and home-made fresh daily hollandaise sauce all combined to make this an outstanding breakfast entree. My friend ordered the special and he said it was great as well. Keep up the good work. I'll be back.

Visited August 2013
Gibsons, Canada
“Great food”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went back to Sirens after not having been there for over a year. The last few times were less than a great experience, however this time the food was absolutely fabulous! We ordered the fish and chips, the mussels with curry coconut sauce and a Caesar salad. They were all over the top fantastic, even the Caesar salad was to die for with tons of bacon and yummy sauce. The fish and chips were the best we have ever had on the Sunshine Coast, and the mussels were heavenly in a sauce that I didn't think would work -- but I was very wrong. Best mussels we have had. The service was very slow, but the servers were all polite and accommodating, and of course the view is always fantastic.

• Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“slow service, dirty restaurant, food mediocre at best”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Last night 5 of us (2 seniors) had dinner at "Sirens" to celebrate my husband's birthday. We arrived and were seated on time at our reserved table outside. Our server arrived to take our drink order about 15 min. later and said they were short-staffed. That was obvious. There was no one to clean up tables as people left, and all evening the tables were beside us were piled high with dirty plates and glasses as people left. There was a mix-up with our wine. Our server said they were "out of" red wine glasses and had to serve our red wine in white wine glasses (while dirty red wine glasses sat all around us --). She finally delivered our wine after 1/2 hour and our dinner took another 1/2 hour to arrive. My son could not eat his steak as he ordered a "medium-rare" steak and it was overdone. My crab cakes were so full of cumin that was all I could taste, and my caesar salad was very tired and old. Now, we are not "fussy" and hardly ever complain, but this was too much. Our server kept complaining to us and did her best to help us (but was slow nonetheless). She did deduct the price of my son's meal which was appreciated. My biggest complaint however, is the whole place was really dirty, especially the floors, inside and out! We ended up giving our server her proper tip (aprox. 15%) as most of the problems were not her fault. My feeling is this place is very poorly managed. With a little money spent on extra staff to serve AND CLEAN, I think in such a great location, they could attract a lot more business. I am surprised none of us got sick from the food. The only way I would deal with them again is to use their takeout for fish & chips. I know this was a busy Sat. night but they should have been prepared.

• Visited July 2013