“Great place to stay and I will be going back”

Tuckers Inn B&B and Spa
Ranked #21 of 26 Sechelt B&B and Inns
Coquitlam, Canada
“Great place to stay and I will be going back”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I only stayed for one night and I did not want to leave. I was there for work and had to leave early and Peter still accomodated me with a wonderfull breakfast. The stay was very relaxing but short. I am planing a get away with my husband for a weekend away I look forward to my future visits and Tuckers Inn. Tuckers Inn will now be my place od stay everytime I go to Sechelt for business

Barb

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Peter M, Owner at Tuckers Inn B&B and Spa, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Hi Barb,

So glad that you enjoyed your stay at Tucker's Inn. We look forward to welcoming yourself and your husband back for a weekend away soon.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Peter and his family are some of the nicest and most welcoming people I have ever met. He was very attentive to everything we could have possibly needed, and the rooms were impeccably kept. Great home-cooked breakfast and fresh fruit every morning. Hot tub was clean and my favourite place to be! Great location that was very close to the beach and was always in the sunshine. I had a great sleep and everything was very quiet and peaceful.
I have stayed in many B&B's and this is definitely at the top of my list!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We travelled to Sunshine Coast and spent a couple of nights at Tucker’s Inn Bed and Breakfast in Sechelt. We were in the Mountain Meadow Suite and our stay there was perfect.

The breakfasts, which we selected ourselves from the menu, were fantastic and served in our very own suite; there were many different choices to choose from.

The inn was extremely clean, spotless in fact, and so was the hot tub. We had no issues with noise/insulation, as referred by some of the previously read reviews on TripAdvisor, and when we inquired about it the owner explained that renovations had recently been done addressing the potential noise coming from the kitchen which may have happened when preparing the breakfast for the guests, as the Mountain Meadow Suite living room is located right under the kitchen. (I guess that noise would only be bothersome if someone was using the sofa bed in the living room area of this suite anyway.) The staff was very helpful and kind at all times.

When traveling to Sechelt in the future, we would absolutely like to stay at Tucker’s again, and we would recommend it to our friends and family!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GahitiTahiti
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Our room (the Mountain Meadow Suite) was spotless, really amazingly clean. Furniture was comfortable and good quality and the unit was generally well equipped, if questionably decorated. There was a fantastic selection of complimentary teas as well as coffee and there was also a nice assortment of drinks and snacks available in the room at a very reasonable cost. Staff were universally friendly.

Unfortunately, we found that this B&B gets tripped up by relatively minor issues. When we first arrived, there was no one to greet us. We found a list a phone numbers on the door and had to try a number of them (while standing in the rain) before we managed to get in touch with a staff member. They were very apologetic and explained that there had been a mixup, but that we would find the door to the unit unlocked on the other side of the building. Everyone makes mistakes, not a huge deal, the important thing is that we got into the unit and out of the rain.

Unfortunately, they had forgotten to place a breakfast order-form in the unit, so an employee gave us a list of options over the phone and we had to call them back to place our order for the morning. They once again apologized and assured us that someone would make it back to the B&B that night in order to serve us breakfast in the morning. Breakfast itself was fine, although options were limited. The first morning we weren't provided with any spoons and had to stir our coffees with the backs of our forks (after serving the staff disappeared until we were done). On our second morning they forgot to bring any milk or cream for the coffee and then apologized that we couldn't have any refills because the pot was empty. Once again, not major issues, just minor annoyances, we could have made a pot of coffee in our room or even grabbed some spoons from the kitchenette.

The biggest issue by far though, is the lack of sound insulation separating the suites on the main floor from the owner's residence above. You hear absolutely everything going on upstairs. You hear your breakfast (or that of your early riser neighbours) being prepared and you hear their (awesome, friendly) dog running around. It really makes sleeping in tough to do, and if you're vacationing on the Sunshine Coast, sleeping is probably high up your list of goals.

I would still call our stay a positive one. Spotless, comfortable rooms and friendly staff/owner go a long way. Unfortunately, Tucker's is let down by a lack of organization and a lack of soundproofing. There's countless options on the Sunshine Coast, and while our stay wasn't bad, per se, I'll definitely try my luck elsewhere next time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CapsLK
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We reserved the larger suite (one bedroom, with living-room sofa bed for the kids), and was very happy with the accommodation when we first arrived. It was clean, very well stocked with a variety of tea and coffee, and additional drinks and snacks if required (for extra). Didn't much love the fake plants and flowers but that's just personal taste. All in all good, but boy were we shocked when later that evening we heard the owner (who lives above the suite) walking around upstairs. There was absolutely no sound insulation between the 2 floors, nothing! Every step, and every drawer being opened was very audible. Honestly it sounded like someone was moving furniture. We might not have been much bothered by it, but our young children needed to sleep early, and they couldn't get to sleep until the noise stopped (thankfully by around 9:30pm). Even a white-noise machine (thoughtfully provided by the management in the bedroom) did nothing to disguise the sounds. All quiet after that though until it started again at around 6:20am! The kids were up (when they really could have done with a longer sleep-in) and asking what the noise was.

The breakfast was good, not remarkable. Bathroom was clean which was a big plus for me, I am rather fussy about that. Although the towels could do with an update, they were rock hard... not very kind on the skin, but I can live with that.

If it wasn't for the noise issue it would have been a very enjoyable stay. If you are up early and don't mind being woken up I would say it was fine, but if you're looking for a place to sleep-in in the morning, look somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Tucker's B&B about 5 km north of Sechelt is a lovely place to land. The rooms are beautifully decorated with a loving attention to detail that makes a stay very comfortable. Each room is equipped with television, phone, a supply of movies and an ensuite bathroom. Two of the bedrooms have their own lounge area with a complete kitchen. The suite is self-contained, spacious and comfortable. A hot tub is available for guests. The breakfast is very well done with a fruit plate provided before the meal which is a choice of several breakfast items. The landlords are extremely hospitable and go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome and taken care of. On one of my two stays at this place, a water main broke in the highway, rendering us without water. To accommodate me, they pulled water from the creek and heated it so I could wash.

3 Thank Palmetta1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sechelt
Above the Inlet B and B and Vacation Rentals
#6 of 7 in Halfmoon Bay
At The Shore B&B
At The Shore B&B
#4 of 26 in Sechelt

Been to Tuckers Inn B&B and Spa? Share your experiences!