“Amazing view!!!”

Blue Sky Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sechelt
“Amazing view!!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The first time I found this motel was when me and my husband were on a road trip to sunshine coast. It is a family owned business, thus the place was cozy and the owners were super friendly! It is located right across from the ocean, which gives it an amazing view, and it was great to be able to take short walks along the shore. If you are into fishing, it is also great to catch fish or crabs on the pier. We've been back to the Blue Sky a few times, since our first discovery, and it seems that people become a regular once they've stay there! We are planning for another trip this summer, and I can't wait till then :)

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed April 1, 2013

It's old... But very nice and clean. specially the owner has great service mind and very nice people.. I will stay in this motel for my next vacations.
Best motel i ever stayed.. Good value, excellent service,
Nice and clean room.... So many good things about this place...

• Stayed February 2013
Tsawwassen, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Recently stayed at the Blue Sky and was pleasantly surprised!!
I had stayed there about 5 years ago and it was a nice location, but the felt like it needed work. Amazing what can be done in 5 years!! I arrived to find a nice couple to great me at the front desk and could see right away the amount of work that had been done.
The rooms were spotless and upgraded immensely from the last time we were there and the hotel was conveniently located close to town and right on the water.
I would highly recommend this little beauty for anyone who wants a quiet little place to relax.
Cheers

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roberts Creek
Reviewed March 13, 2013

A lot of work has been done to update this little gem and the motel is fresh, clean and comfortable . It has been around for a long time ( we have stayed years ago) and we were impressed with the new look of the rooms. The young man who runs it is so friendly and even found us places to stay further up the coast when we were leaving. It is right across the street from the beach and next to a great coffee shop and store. A wonderful place to take the kids, with a sandy beach within a short walk. Our room had a kitchen and separate bedroom making it affordable for our vacation. We loved it. It may not be for everyone, but if you are looking for cute, clean, affordable and friendly (and who isn't) it is a super place.

Room Tip: Pick rooms 1 to 4 for an ocean view but the back rooms may be quieter. All are stair free so great f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Christine B
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have put off sending this until now as I was so angry that I originally called Hello BC and lodged a complaint about this little motel.

I was on a road trip with my boyfriend last year on his motorcycle. We toured up the sunshine coast and had a great time until we pulled into the Blue Sky Motel. We has chatted about a place to stay and thought this might be a good spot. As we pulled up and I got off the back of the bike I fainted due to dehydration ( i apparently did not drink enough water as I am a new motorcycle passanger). As my poor boyfriend was trying to pick me up and helped me to a chair in front of one of the rooms and got me some water from the store next to the motel, the owner/manager (an asian/korean fellow) came around the corner and my boyfriend asked how much were the rooms were. He did not answer him and just looked at me with the water bottle on my lip ( when I fell I went face first into the gravel- thankfully I still has the helmet on which saved more facial damage.) He then shouted at us to "Just leave" and kept repeating it. I told him I fell and needed to dit for a minute and he kept yelling for us to leave.

We are peaceful people and I work as an employment counsellor in Vancouver BC and I was shocked an appauled that another human would not even care about a person in need. After about15 minutes we left on the bike (we should have called an ambulance just in case) and stopped at a gas station where I was attended to by an ambulace driver who happended to be gassing up as well.

DONT Stay at this place (dont patronize a motel that does not care about people). I have told every one I have come accross in my travels to not stay at the Blue Sky motel (even it it looks like a cute littel place to stay). Dont give your hard earned dollars to an uncaring owner.

Check out the Sunny Crest Motel in Gibsons instead - better value, nicer people.

Room Tip: Dont stay here. I have called "Hello BC" to lodge a complaint about this place!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank scrumptious_crump

Travelers are raving about these Sechelt hotels

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We wanted to stay there this past weekend, but it was full. Yet, when we called, the owner kindly recommended another motel to us (which turned out to be a really good one too) and not only that, offered to call around more places for us if we couldn't find lodging there. I was impressed and touched by his kindness. We hope to stay there the next time we go back to the Sunshine Coast.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This motel is a gem! Yes it's older, but so very clean. And I can't say more about the family that runs it. So friendly, kind and good natured. Was exactly what we were looking for. I believe ever room has a kitchen. Full stove, apartment size fridge and all the plates cutlery etc. Ask for a room with a view, the beach is right across the street. Sunset is beautiful. They have a BBQ you can use as well. Amazing service, and good value!

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sechelt
Gibsons Garden Hotel
#2 of 3 in Gibsons
Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
#1 of 1 in Halfmoon Bay

Been to Blue Sky Motel? Share your experiences!