“Birthday Bliss”

The Tuwanek Hotel
Ranked #2 of 27 Sechelt B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Ahhhhh.... what a weekend! Wonderful, relaxing space. Loved every minute- the room, the food, the service, the spa, the view, the private chef dinner- tough to beat for next year's birthday! I have been to many spas and this one was superb. Small, intimate and cozy, I felt totally rejuvenated afterward. Highly recommend this great getaway to anyone looking for some R&R.

• Stayed: February 2009
There are newer reviews for The Tuwanek Hotel

Reviewed February 15, 2009

The moment we arrived we felt welcome and at home. The room was luxurious and the view was amazing. Chris and Krista treated us like royalty on our special weekend. I arranged a spa for my wife, she said it was the best one she's ever had. I highly recommend the Tuwanek Hotel, you will remember your vist for a lifetime.

Will and Sylvie

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2009

What an amazing experience. I originally booked the getaway for my fiancee's birthday in September 2008. Unfortunately her youngest son, who is severely handicapped ended up with pneumonia, then had hip surgery a month later ending up in a full body cast for six weeks. So we had to keep postponing the trip. Chris was excellent, patient and understanding. I finally said, come hell or high water, we are getting away for Valentine's Day. He booked us in. I had to work a full day on the Friday, so we caught the 7 pm ferry out of Horseshoe Bay, arriving at Gibson's at 8 p.m. Well, it was very dark and I had not been over there for absolute ages. It took us an hour and I kept phoning them with questions, "where do I turn? Did I miss it?" Again, with great patience on Chris' part, we finally found it. To top it all off, whether it was stress or a touch of flu, my fiancee just wanted to climb into bed when we got there.
AND what a bed it was. King sized heaven. Soft, warm, like sleeping on the clouds. Waking up in the morning to such a serene quiet was awesome. Walking out onto the deck off of the Casablanca room, we watched three otters playing on the end of the boat in the inlet through the telescope in the room. Then Krista brought us an excellent, delicious breakfast. I can't even describe it, fruit, oats, cottage cheese, just delish! I'm hoping she'll email me the recipe. The rest of breakfast just got better and the little extras like, chocolates for Valentines Day was so sweet. Sunday morning, the poached eggs were superb.
The room is huge, classy, elegant and warm. The bathroom is gigantic and if I ever build another house, I'm putting in a shower like that one. WOW !
The games room, the movie room, the computer available if you just can't help yourself and have to connect. The spa onsite is great. My fiancee received her first massage along with a mini-facial and foot treatment. What a wonderfully romantic, delight.
PS: Their dog, Lexie, was out front Saturday morning and took us for a walk around the neighbourhood. The look she gave us, was "well, are you coming or not?" Who could resist?
Like their brochure says, come as guests, leave as friends. The hug goodbye said it all. I simply can't wait to be able to go again. I'm telling all my friends about it. And I'd love to rent one of the cabins to take the kids another time too.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2009

I didn't stay at the hotel, but I did drive up to their spa - twice!
The owners were very friendly & welcoming - they truly care about each person's experience. Sharon (in the spa) was the same - a beautiful warm soul who really pays attention to your needs.
I had a massage and a facial - loved all the products they used.
I will definitely go back on my next trip to Sechelt and have recommended this place to many of my friends - its in a beautiful peaceful location.
And, for people who are busy - the ability to book appts on the website is fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2008

Tuwanek Hotel takes care of evedrything. Attention to detail and personal service was 10/10. The 'spa house' made me feel pampered and spoiled, Sharon is amazing. I wish everyone had a chance to go here.

I've been back many times to the spa. I send as many people there to bask in the great service and experience.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2008

My husband and I booked 3 nights at the Tuwanek Hotel for a romantic getaway and we were not disappointed! The accommodations are beautiful with many "small touches" that did not go unnoticed. Krista and Chris are the perfect hosts - they are always around if you need anything and offered many suggestions on things to do and places to go. Krista's breakfasts were amazing and were served in our room each morning.

We took advantage of the beautiful spa and received wonderful treatments from Sharon. It was the perfect way to spend our first day. Sharon was able to get both of us into "holiday mode" with her pampering!

We were somewhat concerned when we booked our holiday that we would not find things to do with it being the "off season". With the spa, movie theatre and games room at the hotel and all of the beautiful hiking trails nearby we did not have anything to worry about. Our time at the Tuwanek Hotel was over before we were ready to leave!

The Tuwanek Hotel was the perfect place for a relaxing vacation because Krista and Chris make sure that everything is taken care of. I wish that we could have stayed longer and I am already looking forward to returning as soon as possible.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline77
Reviewed November 17, 2008

We booked for 4 days but wished we knew how wonderful this spot was - we could have stayed so much longer. The location is perfect and Chris and Krista have thought of everything. This is not your standard B&B - this is a first class hotel.

We spent several afternoons in the Water's Edge Spa at the hotel. Sharon is a perfect for for the experience that the hosts have created. You must treat yourself to some time in this private spa.

This is a luxurious spot and we would encourage all to try it out.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sechelt
Sunshine Coast Resort Hotel & Marina
#1 of 1 in Halfmoon Bay
The Driftwood Inn
The Driftwood Inn
#1 of 5 in Sechelt

Been to The Tuwanek Hotel? Share your experiences!