The Tuwanek Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Stonewater Motel(Madeira Park)
View Hotel
Painted Boat Resort(Madeira Park)
View Hotel
All reviewscasablanca roomcreekside cottagesunset beachhot tubsunshine coastspa experiencepirate shipgames roomtwo nightswood stovepaddle boardscomfy bedeach morningprivate deckglass of winebeautiful viewbeautiful spot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying in Wildberry Cottage for an incredible long weekend getaway. All the details were thought of and this was truly a home away from home -- if my home had the luxury of a private hot tub, front and back deck, wood burning stove and incredible views of the ocean!
Every little detail was taken care of and this was amazing for a rejuvenating and quiet getaway, so close to home in Vancouver. Kayaking, paddling and swimming right around the corner, couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for the weekend.

Thanks to Chris and Krista for setting up this awesome property :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in the Timberloft cabin with some friends. The hotel is away from sechelt so you need to have a car and to bring supplies - the hotel doesn't have a restaurant and breakfast wasn't available to us.

We went on a rainy weekend so there wasn't much to do but it looks like it might be more fun if it was sunny. They had paddle boats and kayaks for the guests. Friends of ours booked in the hotel and when they showed up with an 18mth old the owner was quite rude and said they didn't normally have children there and asked if they they had explained this in the booking (they had). Not the best first impression.

The Timberloft cabin was spacious and nice - (don't book it if you have problems walking up stairs though).

The sushi restaurant in Sechelt is worth a visit.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank collmm
TuwanekHotel, Owner at The Tuwanek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thanks for your feedback. It sounds like you might have been happier at the hotel than at your own private cottage. We do offer a wide variety of accommodations that range from small romantic cottages with full kitchens to luxury suites at the hotel with king bedrooms and in room fireplaces as well as in suite dining.
Sea kayaking and canoes as well as paddle boards are offered right here in the next bay and we also have a full on site day spa so a few more options for activities.
I always suggest to guests to review the virtual tours as it gives you a better idea of the amenities of each type of accommodation. Sechelt is just 10 minutes away and there is a choice of 10 restaurants as well as fresh butcher, greens and two large grocery stores.

PS - We love kids....at the cottages. The hotel is designed and set up with amenities for guests that are looking for a romantic , quiet relaxing time on the water.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Bed and Breakfasts aren’t normally my thing. I travel solo and the idea of being a third wheel at a romantic getaway location is not appealing. But there aren’t a lot of options in Sechelt, which is how I found myself at the Tuwanek ‘Hotel,’ lured by the positive Trip Advisor rating.

After a thorough look at their website and I had fallen in love with their cottage descriptions. Unfortunately, I was only staying for one night and the cottages required a minimum two night booking. I finally decided to use the one night to get a sense of the place and decide if I would return.

What I learned: This B&B really is setup for couples with lots of romantic decks and nooks to canoodle and enjoy the waterfront view from. They have a collection of toys to play on the water with and their hot tub has jets that sooth all the right places, but it’s also shared by all three B&B rooms. Finally, the breakfast was perfectly prepared and the snack bar did fill the late night craving spot (provided you’ve already had dinner).

On the downside: Netflix and the theatre were both non-functional during my visit.

Would I return, to a cottage – yes. The B&B lived up to the website so I can only imagine the cottages do to.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed August 31, 2012

we loved our experience at tuwanekl!!! we stayed in the timberloft cabin, 4 adults & 2 4 yr olds. there was plenty of room. we all had a wonderful time. the cabin is beautiful & tastefully decorated. the beds were extremely comfortable as were the pillows. the only down side is that the room with the queen bed does not have a full wall dividing it from the living room so if anyone stays up late everything is heard. the kitchen is the perfect size & modern. the hot tub was used & appreciated by all of us. the cabin is located close to the beach & the view from all decks is absolutely phenomanal!!!! i can't say enough how much we enjoyed our stay! i highly recomend it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The hotel is a distance from the ferry and from the township of Sechelt. When we arrived by car after checking at the main office for our guesthouse one of our party members was denied use of the restroom at the office in the main part of the hotel. We were sent "down the hill" to a potta-potty at a public beach as it was on the way to our lodgings. When I inquired why they wouldn't offer us quick use of the facility we were informed there was "no public restroom" in the Lodge. It seems if you give a credit card imprint you are a guest. We were assigned the "Tree House" cottage. This involved hauling luggage up to a cabin without view across gravel, a bridge and 60 winding uneven steps. Some may call this experience rustic charm. For the price I would say you may want to look somewhere else or select a different option if you want a "5 star" experience.

Room Tip: The "tree house" may be fun for people with kids who want to run up and down stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TropicalParadise888
TuwanekHotel, Owner at The Tuwanek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thanks for your comments. Let me start by saying we do not offer public washrooms at the Inn as each of our suites contains its own private full ensuite bath and shower. When you asked for a washroom you did not identify yourself as a guest and that is why we suggested the public facilities on the beachfront. Had we known it was your husband that had just checked in at the Treehouse we would have suggested your cottage... as just a minute down the road.....and a lovely 3 piece bath with heated floors.
It's unfortunate that your travel planner in the Okanagan did not request a level entry cottage as after competing in the Ironman I can totally sympathize with not wanting to climb any more stairs. When I spoke with your husband shortly after check in I offered to move you to a level entry cottage the next morning as soon as one became available but you did not let us know either way so we had to make the assumption that you were rested and decided to stay where you were.
Our main objective over the last 17 years is to ensure our guests have a great stay when they come and visit the coast and we work very hard at ensuring everyone has a nice time. Sometimes as in this case things are beyond our control and if we don't know about it at the time it's hard to respond after the fact.

I hope you had a nice time on the Sunshine Coast seeing all the sights as we love it when our friends come from Hawaii to visit. If you decide to compete in the Ironman next year call us ahead of time and we will get you into the correct accommodations based on your needs and i'll add a complimentary massage for the three of your at the day spa ....Aloha Ahiahi