“Great find!”

Coastal Kitchen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014

What a great place! Friendly service, comfy atmosphere. I ordered the smoked salmon quesadilla. yum!! This is a must stop on the Sooke to Lake Cowichan route.

There are newer reviews for Coastal Kitchen

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Start off with their local lager on tap, and try to find something on the menu that you do NOT want to order and taste! I chose the fresh salmon burger and it could not have been more filling or tasting like it was caught. The gal who runs the restaurant makes everyone feel at home, be it mother's with brand new babies or locals or the more frequent stream of tourists. I tried walking out without one of their huge chocolate chip cookies but came back in for one. I cut it in four and we enjoyed it days later on our sailboat over two afternoon tea's.

Coastal M, Owner at Coastal Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Feeling so blessed with these amazing reviews! I am pregnant with my third baby so cannot help but to smother the new moms who walk into the cafe and make sure that they are comfortable!I only wish that I wasn't so busy that I could hold the babies whilst they enjoy our food!Thank-you to my amazing husband who cooks from 7am-9pm everyday, our nanny who has the most important job at the cafe, and all of our WONDERFUL staff who work so hard for us!Cheers and lets eats giant chocolate chip cookies!!!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This little spot is truly a gem! Service was good, food was excellent. And for a very fair price. Had a very fresh and tasty salad with their outstanding blackberry dressing. And a killer slab of fresh local halibut on top that was to die for! Had a nice local wine-really appreciated that use all local ingredients and made everything from scratch. They offered several good looking desserts, but we were too full so took a chocolate chip cookie home. Don't miss out on one of those!!
As an added bonus, we saw 2 black bears on the way from Victoria, and apparently that's not uncommon here, but was a real treat for us.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We ate here before and after our West Coast Trail hike. Great food at really good prices. They give you plenty of food for your money.

1  Thank David E
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stopped in here on a Friday afternoon this June ...
They do things different here: you get stopped at the door by a loud waitress; she announces you are to study the menu on the wall, and if you want to order, then go sit at a table and she'll bring you some water. ...and if you want a coffee or a cold drink, then get it yourself before sitting down....
Well, we followed the routine; I had a Clubhouse, and I must say it was one of the best I have ever had.
My bride had a garden salad and said everything was really fresh ..if a little on the chunky side. She ate it all and said it was great.
This is a great spot for lunch ...but remember it is a two hour drive from Victoria.

1  Thank George2011
Coastal M, Owner at Coastal Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Glad you had the one of the best Club House Sandwiches in your life!You may have found our lunch style a little on the casual side but most locals and tourists alike love picking a special one -of - a -kind mug and grabbing refills on our Organic coffee!(we drive it back from a farm in Mexico!). We have a huge assortment of funky juice and organic soda so we let people look over thier drink of choice!Our food is prepared from scatch, local and fresh at both breakfast, lunch and dinner.It sounds like you should come back for dinner and try our more upscale candle lit experience with real menu's, coffee service at the table and gentle blues music. Lunch at the Coastal is all about a great sandwich!Thanks for the review!Sorry you felt the server was loud but sometimes in a busy cafe like ours we have to speak up to let our customers know about our specials, soups and fresh catch of the day!