“Always great after a long day of fishing”
Review of Coastal Kitchen

Coastal Kitchen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I'd stay it is pretty much mandatory to eat at the coastal cafe every trip I make up to renfrew. I love it there it has easily one of the many reasons I love going to port renfrew.

2  Thank sigurross

Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Coastal Kitchen was right across the road from our hotel and was highly recommended by the staff as well as other hikers we had met on the Juan de Fuca trail. And while my taste buds may have been affected by 5 days of trail mix and dehydrated meals I am pretty sure it was still delicious (and we went back the next day to make sure it was still delicious and it was!). The seafood is local, the portions are healthy and you can just hang out and have drinks if you want. It has a very relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank timbenner
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant after completing the West Coast Trail and we both agree that the food was on par or better than restaurant food in a big city. We shared a burger and halibut and chips and they were both excellent. The halibut was a very large portion and was cooked perfectly. The burger was amazing as was the half portion of berry salad we were offered in addition to the fries. While I wouldn't go back to Port Renfrew just for this restaurant, I would definitely go back to this restaurant if I found myself back in Port Renfrew.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Have been eating at Coastal Kitchen since 2001. It is the best spot in Renfrew in my honest opinion. Food is always good. Portions are great (too much for us but definitely hiker and hungry sized). Staff are friendly. The foos table is a nice touch.

Each time we head over to go to Botanical Beach we plan our day so that we can have a late lunch at the Coastal Kitchen and tide us over (no pun intended) for the rest of the day.

Reliable, dependable and comfortable!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Something about camping and hiking makes a meal "out" taste better, but the Coastal Kitchen was an unexpected delight. Burgers were huge and tasty, fries were great, the soup was very true to the location (lots of seafood) and the salad was fresh. Portions are hungry hiker size.
The service and food prep was very down home and comfortable. If you just spent the morning looking in the tide pools at Botanical Beach you have earned the food that will carry you through the rest of your day.
We got a huge cookie that was made that morning and the 4 of us shared it on the drive across the island. I am a cookie fan, and this one was good and hearty.
In an area with no cell coverage, they even provide free WiFi so you can connect before the next leg of your journey.