“Nice view from the restaurant”

Sportsman's Steak & Pizza House
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Port McNeill
Reviewed November 5, 2011

The steak was very good, waitress friendly and courteous.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Friendly atmosphere, nice food, value for money

Maria (Cyprus)

Reviewed July 2, 2011

We ate hear last night for our third visit. It was not busy at the time we arrived and were seated right away. The service was attentive as has been our usual experience. I ordered the Seafood Fettuccine (for the third time) and it was delicious. Piping hot, fresh and abundant seafood. The small salad bar came with my meal and it was a nice start and had many of my favorites. I could not finish the pasta so took it back to my accomodation and it will be my supper tonight. Hubby had the Stuff Sole special which he enjoyed very much. He had his with roasted potatoes and it came with steamed veggies. He also had a trip to the salad bar. My daughter (13) had a half order of Ravioli...she is a pasta FREAK and said it was excellent! We didn't order beverages and our bill was $59.00 plus gratuity. No room for dessert! It is definitely one of our regular spots when we visit McNeill.

Reviewed September 26, 2010

We visited this resto through necessity as our hotel resto was closed but we came away with a positive experience.

We were told that service is slow but we ordered the fresh fish plate and 2 glasses of white wine at the moment we were being ushered to our table and from that quick order service was very prompt. The salad bar is a nice touch for the interlude between order and main dish.

The salmon and halibut grilled fish was excellent and for once the halibut was not overcooked with the succulent flesh literally falling away. The local salmon was also a delight - our second best on the island after the Salmon Inn in Campbell River.

For desert we tried a novel combination of Tira Misu cheesecake which was fine to share if excessive in calories.

Wecame away feeling very satisfied with our 3 course meal for 2 with wine - 71 CAD + service.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

Bad, expensive dinner. Chewy calimari (and not in a good way), pita that tasted like cigarette ash (god, I hope it wasn't), kids pizza my daughter couldn't even eat, pasta came with old canned black olives, dressing oil only (no vinegar), shall I go on? Four people in our party and not one of us could eat our food... 55 dollars we wish er hadn't spent!