“A Great Surprise!”

Dining options: Late Night
Winnipeg, Canada
“A Great Surprise!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I came in expecting to try their seafood chowder as I had read excellent reviews on it. However, they did not have it that day. The bartender recommended the Cordon Blue Burger and I went with her suggestion. The burger was quite big and very juicy, absolutely delicious! They also do not skimp on cheese curds in their poutine. There was so much food I felt like I needed a nap afterwards. Overall great experience! The food & service were excellent! And that is a compliment because I was looking forward to fresh local seafood when I walked in, and at first had been disappointed with the menu.

• Visited July 2014

Titusville, Florida
“Wonderful Pub Experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We went here for lunch. Hubby had the coconut prawn special with clam chowder and I had the coconut prawn special with salad. Very good. We also had beer on draft from the Vancouver Island Brewery. Dark larger for hubby and Honey Ale for me. Both beers excellent. Server was quick and helpful. All in all an enjoyable experience.

• Visited June 2014
Port Hardy, Canada
“Best in Port McNeill”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Friend and I had lunch here March 22,2014. It was the best food we'd had in a long time. The North Island suffers from not having enough good restaurants. This one, in my opinion, is the only one worth eating at. Owner, Gus, come out and greets and talks to his customers. Waitresses are exceptionally good. Highly recommend if you're ever in Port McNeill;,BC.

• Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia area
“Good time at Gus'”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We read mixed reviews about Gus' and weren't sure what we'd get when we showed up in Port McNeill. We had a very good experience. Our server helped us with local beer recommendations to go with our meals. This is pub food, so there were no amazing gastronomic adventures. But, we had quick and gracious service and a quality meal. The crowd was fun with a football game going on. My perception is that everyone was enjoying a good and relaxing time. And, we watched an amazing sunset from our booth.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank GAtrvl
Washington
“Very nice family owned pub”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Friendly staff, excellent food and nice atmosphere. We stayed a weekend in Port Mcneil and at here every night.

• Visited August 2013