It appears this restaurant reads its reviews, because when I went tonight to this restaurant, there were some issues others raised that I did not see present. For example, the green tea comes with a pot. The tables have several soy sauce/wasabi holders. The servers were very accommodating.
As you know if you have read other posts by me, I'm a sushi nut. I eat it on a regular basis, so I am picky. Please bear this in mind when you read my reviews of sushi restaurants. This sushi restaurant, if in Vancouver, would garner a "3" from me, but as it's in Port McNeill, I give it a "4".
I ordered wakame salad (aka seaweed salad), tuna tataki, 2 amebi nigiri and one inari nigiri.
1. Booths and a Japanese feel to the decor.
2. Friendly, prompt and accommodating server.
3. Reasonably priced.
4. Fish was very fresh-tasting.
5. Nice presentation for the wakame salad (in a metal martini glass)
1. The music is loud and not relaxing.
2. I don't like seeing a microwave in a sushi bar.
3. I prefer my tuna takaki to be sliced thin and seared - these were a bit too thick for my liking and what they served it with wasn't the tradition ponzu sauce (which I prefer).
If you are in Port McNeill and you feel like sushi, I have no hesitation in recommending Harbour Sushi, especially since it's clear they do care what their customers think.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.