“Slow but decent breakfast”
Review of Tia's Cafe

Tia's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Port McNeill
Cuisines: Mexican
Milwaukie, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slow but decent breakfast”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We ate at Tia's twice for breakfast while visiting the North Island. Mostly because it was about the only thing we could find for breakfast in Port McNeill, but we came back because it was a good enough breakfast. The service was really slow, especially the second time. Our coffees and water were refilled somewhat regularly but we had to wait to order an exceedingly long time. The second day we were there they were out of sausage, sourdough toast, wheat toast (brown as they called it) and chorizo. I had ham, cheese and mushroom omeletes both days, the hash browns are actually what I would call country potatoes and were done just right. My daughter had french toast one day and an omelet the next, she said both were good. My boyfriend had the huevos rancheros and didn't say a whole lot about it...which means it was fine.

• Visited July 2013

Nanaimo, Canada
“Long wait Horrible Food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My Husband and I took our grandson to this restaurant on Saturday. Not only did the wait staff have no clue how to do their job, no water jugs in a restaurant? Telling me they have no onion rings after a half an hour of already waiting?, they laced their incompetence with rudeness. It took an hour for our food to arrive, we should have just left after a half an hour. Other customers seemed to get their food quickly while we waited and waited and waited. One waitress even refused to serve us because we asked for refills on our water. The one who did treated us with abject rudeness. Just so rude. The food was terrible. My chicken burger was dry and unpleasant while my grandsons chicken strips were over cooked and hard for him to eat. Horrible. Do not go here, go anywhere else.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank GBB49
Courtenay, Canada
“Waitstaff-pleasant Food-UGH”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

10-09-2012 Drove by and saw a number of people in there, figured it was one of those quaint local eateries. It was but this on it's own doesn't make a good choice for food. Each of us had a burger. I had the daily special Minestrone soup - the ingrediants included old bacon, chopped carrots, one piece of a snow pea, spagetti noodles, and unidentifable objects. The burger meat was grissley, and oozed with fat, similar to some evil breakfast pork sausage. Come to think of it there was a porkish texture to it-not beef. I left 3/4 of the burger and the soup (with the exception of two spoonfuls). My husband ate his burger and then asked me if I had Tums about 20 minutes later. For the check you need to go to the counter and ask for it. That's okay..it made it easy to run away faster. SAVE YOURSELF - GO ELSEWHERE. (sorry for any misspellings)

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank SkiHikeKayakPlay
Bath, United Kingdom
“Should have gone to subway...”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

That sums it up really.
Had quesidillas, rueben sandwich, chicken wrap and enchilada - the worst meal by far of our 2 week Canada stay so far. Nothing authentic, and waited an age for delivery of greasy food. The only good thing was that the Cokes were cold.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank carmellasoprano
Nanaimo
“Good food”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Try their desert - delish! They are also licensed!

Visited July 2012