“"Best Guide on Northern Vancouver Island" in my humble opinion”

Leisure Suit Charters
Ranked #10 of 17 things to do in Port McNeill
More attraction details
Owner description: Leisure Suit Charters is a professional fish guiding service which specializes in Steelhead, Salmon, Trout and Halibut fishing trips. Leisure Suit Charters goes the extra mile to make sure you have a unique fishing experience tailored to your style or fishing needs. Whether we're fishing the ocean, drift-boating a river or walking some terrain; you will be in the most productive areas Vancouver Island has to offer! Step away from the crowds and into the beauty of Vancouver Island North.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Best Guide on Northern Vancouver Island" in my humble opinion”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have fished with Larry on five different occasions on the salt over the last five or six years. As a north island visitor since 1981, and a seasonal resident, I consider myself a credible source of northern Vancouver Island knowledge. Larry, and Leisure Suite Charters is the #1 guide who I go out with, and who I send my family out fishing with. No doubt, there are some great guides in our area, but Larry really stands out.

If I was to sum up my praise of Larry and Leisure Suite Charters in four points:

1. Extremely knowledgable about ocean and fresh water fishing. His passion for the sport is contagious.

2. Top quality gear, first class stuff. I was a knuckle buster reel convert after day-1 on his boat.

3. Larry is enthusiastic, extremely personable, and cares about the long term health of local fishery and resource.

4. Larry is flexible, if the conditions are not right, he'll find the best available alternative with safety in mind.

I have not fished with Larry's guides Spencer and Trevor yet, but hope to very soon.

-End-

p.s. photos are of my favorite day of fishing ever, out with Larry.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Travis M

Calgary, Canada
“Simply the best -”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Trevor was an awesome guide - extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We highly recommend Leisure Suit Charters!

Visited July 2014
Courtenay, Canada
“Totally worth it!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We booked a charter with Larry and had a blast! Jeremy was an awesome guide, very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. That boat was really nice, with brand new electronics and all the equipment you'll need. We were getting bites all day and caught some big salmon! Would highly recommend this charter to anyone!

Visited June 2014
108 Mile Ranch, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GONE FISHING !!!!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Best fishing trip I've had limited out on every type of fish we could catch. Trip of a lifetime Spencer is a great guide and would definitely recommend it as a top notch charter service

Visited August 2013
1 Thank 108mike
Peoria, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fishing”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great time fishing, caught Halibut and Salmon, Larry was fun to spend the day with. We would book with this charter again for sure..

Visited September 2013