“We saw a raft of Sea Otters, Whales, Bears, and had a great time”

Kingfisher Wilderness Adventures - Orca Waters Kayak Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour areas include Johnstone Strait and Nuchatlitz Inlet on Vancouver Island, Gwaii Haanas National Park on Haida Gwaii, and the Great Bear Rainforest on BC's central coast. No experience is necessary for most tours and family friendly departures available.
Kirkland, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“We saw a raft of Sea Otters, Whales, Bears, and had a great time”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Our trip to Nuchatlitz island, at the end Aug, had almost perfect weather.

Kingfisher took us part time kayakers out into the wilderness in a safe, comfortable, and respective way that allows us to experience the wonders of the world. This was my second trip with Kingfisher, and I hope to do more. I took my 14 year-old son, and we both had a blast.

Visited August 2011
KingfisherKayaking, Owner at Kingfisher Wilderness Adventures - Orca Waters Kayak Day Trips, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
I am happy to hear you and your son had such a great time. It was a great trip for me too with so many familiar faces of past guests. I look forward to seeing you both again soon on another one of our adventures.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“WILD LIFE EXTRAVAGANZA”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

If you enjoy unspoilt wilderness and wildlife, then this is a must do holiday. We had a fantastic holday, kayaking around the islands, safely guided by Andrew and Mackenzie, who looked after us so well. The kayaking was pitched to match our fitness and expertise and we all had a great time. We camped on pristine islands, watching Orcas dolphins and sea lions from land and sea. We camped with wolves and cougar and visited old indian reserves. The food was fabulous. There were stunning sunrises and sunsets and ok, there was the odd shower. However the warmth and fun we had on that trip soon banished the dampness. I would recommend it to anyone .

Visited July 2011
Hi alison K, Thank you for your nice review. It was great kayaking with you and your family. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Canada.
Guelph, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Haida Gwaii highlights”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My husband and I joined Kingfisher Wilderness Adventures on an 8 day trip in Haida Gwaii. The location is utterly spectacular. The sea life, especially in Burnaby Narrows, is abundant and beautiful, and was made all the more wonderful by our knowledgeable and friendly guides. We were lucky enough to be accompanied by Andrew, the owner of Kingfisher Tours, who provided so much fascinating information regarding the briny inhabitants of this beautiful part of the world. Angela, our fearless leader, was enthusiastic beyond belief, and ensured that everyone had a good time.
We saw humpback whales, and spent most of a morning watching them breach and dive, which was the highlight of the trip for me.
The trip to Gwaii Hanaas was the other magical day. We had a wonderful Haida Watchman explain to us what life would have been like in the village in the 1800s, and he showed us the remains of the long house and the mortuary poles.
A word needs to be said about the food. That word is DELICIOUS! We ate flavourful, nutritious, varied meals every day. As someone accustomed to preparing my own meals for camping trips, I was very impressed with the variety and freshness of the food, even on day 8.
I can't say enough about the trip. Haida Gwaii is a must-do for anyone who loves to kayak, and Kingfisher provides a fabulous trip to get you there. GO SOON!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank jcn_10
Thanks for such a positive review. I enjoyed meeting you and the rest of our group for our Haida Gwaii adventure. Who would have thought we could spend 8 days in BC's rainforest without a drop of rain or wind!
Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing BC”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

First of all, thank you Andrew. Wonderful guiding and cooking. We did a private six day kayak trip with Kingfisher. We saw abundant of wildlife and tonnes of whales. Third day and night to be the top. In the morning I had problem to eat the delicious blue berry pancakes, to much humpback action around the site. My only regret that I just had one portion :-) . I can highly recommend to go with this company. Good equipment, good food and good guiding.

Visited September 2011
KingfisherKayaking, Owner at Kingfisher Wilderness Adventures - Orca Waters Kayak Day Trips, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Hi jakob v,

Thank your for the nice review. It was a pleasure to create a special trip for you and your friends. September is really a special time on northern Vancouver Island as many of the tourists have left but the wildlife is just fantastic, especially the humpbacks who have put on lots of weight over the summer and are getting ready to migrate south.

I hope to see you all again soon.
Galmpton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“an incredible day out”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This was a fantastic trip! My dad and I had an incredible day out on the water. We had dolphins swim right underneath our kayaks, we saw minke whales, a stellar sea lion and porpoises. The kayaking itself was very easy which made it even more enjoyable. I would strongly recomend this kayak tour to anyone visiting the area as it was one of the highlights of our trip!

Visited July 2011
KingfisherKayaking, Owner at Kingfisher Wilderness Adventures - Orca Waters Kayak Day Trips, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Hi Thomas186254,

Thank you for the nice review. It was a fantastic day to be on the water with lots of different wildlife. It was a pleasure meeting you and your father and I hope to see you both again soon.

Travelers who viewed Kingfisher Wilderness Adventures - Orca Waters Kayak Day Trips also viewed

Sidney, Victoria Capital Regional District
Campbell River, Vancouver Island

Telegraph Cove, Vancouver Island

Been to Kingfisher Wilderness Adventures - Orca Waters Kayak Day Trips? Share your experiences!