“Having a 'Whale' of a Time!”

Mackay Whale Watching
Reviewed October 18, 2013

A fantastic trip, well worth while, and Bill and his family made it a day to remember. Bill is full of knowledge and knows where the whales and dolphins are going to be, and he made sure that we stayed for the zillions of photo opportunities! Homemade soup was served on board for lunch which was delicious. We saw orca's, humpbacks and dolphins plus beautiful scenery along the way.

1  Thank Joy B
There are newer reviews for Mackay Whale Watching

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I went on this trip with the hope of capturing the majestic beauty of Orca whales. I was disappointed that on this trip I never got to see these whales. I expect that I left it too late in the year as I travelled in late Sept. The summer months are probably the better time to see Orca's. I was elated though to capture Humpback whales, even more so when a young Humpback surfaced beside our boat and swam beneath our boat. The camera's were clicking madly to capture the beautiful grace these mammals have as they emerge into the waters beneath. So sillently graceful only letting us know they were around when they surfaced

1  Thank 617Karen
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have gone whale watching with the MacKays for years -- and have never been disappointed. the ride is comfortable, the conversation is interesting and at times entertaining, and the snack lunch is always wonderful.This year was the first and only time that we have not seen orces, but we did see humpbacks and sea lions and birds, etc.

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed September 21, 2013

What an excellent trip. We left harbour at 10.30am and returned some five hours later seeing hundreds of Pacific White-sided Dolphins, Orca, Humpback Whales, Steller's Sea Lions and loads of seabirds.
Lunch is included but it's a bowl of soup and a bun - and later some cake.
A fun trip with a knowledgeable captain.
Well worth doing.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

What a great time...lots of whales and sea lions. They served great soup. Answered all questions and the boat was amazing.