“Bucket list must do activity!”
Review of Rk Heliski

Rk Heliski
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in Panorama
More attraction details
Owner description: For the past 43 winters, rk heliski has been sharing the magic of the Purcell Backcountry with skiers and snowboarders from far and wide. The rk Heliplex, home base of operations, is perfectly situated at Panorama Mountain Village, a short 20 minute drive west of Invermere BC.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wow, what a rush! I have been snowboarding for almost 25 years but have never had the pleasure of heli skiing before due to financial constraints. This year, for my 40th birthday my husband bought it for me as a gift. They company was really good at training the guests in rescue techniques and I felt that I was in very capable hands. The guides were very knowledgeable and the operation was very professional but also very laid back. It was great to snowboard on a variety of pitches and terrains over the course of the day and we laid fresh tracks all day long. There was always someone leading the way and someone at the back to make sure everyone got to the same end point.

The lodge was excellent and served us an exceptional breakfast. Having lunch on the top of a mountain was so much fun and our helicopter pilot did a little gangnam style dance for us while we watched and laughed. I would definitely do it again. If you are a snowboarder I recommend the expert level as the intermediate level has many runs with long traverses and tree runs, unless you like that sort of thing. I am going to make this an annual event, it's worth saving money for.

All reviews
"skier"
"skis"
"banff"

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had quite poor visibility due to snow/clouds and as a result had to stick to the tree line and below... But despite the lack of potential views and higher elevations, this was an amazing experience and would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Heliskiing has always been on my bucket list as I grew up watching Warren Miller ski films. I took up snowboarding after many years of skiing and felt I was an advance snowboarder but at the age of 50 and somewhat out of shape I was a little unsure of my ability of powder skiing. Kirk and Graham really made this the most challanging and rewarding experience I have ever had. My son and I were lucky enough to be with a small group of great skiers and snowboarders who did not mind splitting up the group so my son and I could go at our own pace. When I was done Albin the pilot showed me some of the most beautiful country side I had ever seen while the others enjoyed some extra runs. Then the group treated me to the front seat of the Bell Hilicopter on our trip back to Panorama. The boarding was fabulous but the people, the scenery and our Lunch Table made of snow is what made this the experience I will never forget. THANKS RK.

1  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went to RK heliski in jan 2013 to snowboard the powder and for my mom,s last wish to scatter her ashes up in the rocky mountains.
I wont to Thank you all especially Rod Gibbson my guided that day and everbody ad RK heliski that made it possible.
Its one off my best experience,s up till now! love to do that again,butt be careful heliboarding/ski is very Addictive.
The unchartered powder runs and the helicopter ride where just magical!
Ad RK heleiski you are in very professional and safe hands i wood fly with those guys any day.
P.S my mom wood loved it to iam sure,Thanks hope to fly with you again.

1  Thank Rudy H
See more reviews
Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you are ever considering going Heliboarding.. RK Heliski is the place.

Everyone deserves to experience RK at least once in their lifetime. We got into everything from steep slopes with amazing tree spacing to wide open alpine runs.

It was clear we were in good hands with our guide Rod who has worked there for 27 years- he was so knowledgeable of the terrain it made for the best day of riding of my life.

When making a choice to go Heliskiing whether its your first trip or you have been to other operations - You gotta check this place out!