“An argument with the chef!”
Review of Wildfire Rustic Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We visited several times during our stay, all without incident. But the last meal we had there we our anniversary meal, so we treated ourselves to the steak with lobster. It came with a cream herb sauce. Apparently not, it was a dark jus, with no cream in sight. I intended to order it on the side as cream can upset me in large quantities, and forgot until already eating it. We mentioned it to the waitress who questioned the chef who insisted it was correct. My husband is a professional chef, so we knew what we were talking about, but still he argued that it was right. Nothing more came of it, we didn't press it further, just stood our ground, but without a doubt he put the cheaper steak option sauce on ours. It was so wrong with the lobster!!!! No apology or anything. We did tip the waitress, but sincerely hope none of it goes to the chef!! We did not return for the rest of our three week stay.

1  Thank Flutterbean

Reviewed January 1, 2013

turkey ceasar wrap, baked pasta,ceasar salad.
good value,friendly service. great view summer or winter

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Nice setting, friendly servers, good varied menu and good food - particularly liked the spinach and beet root salad, ribs were pretty ok rah their than great, enjoyed it really.

Rob

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Great rustic atmosphere with a fabulous location right on the ski hill. The food is good, with pastas, ribs, steak (&lobster) and salmon. Pricing is fair with pastas at $16 and steaks from $27-$35. Good kids menu at $7 including juice or milk.
Make reservations as they do get quite busy during peak ski seasons.
Our waitress wasn't the best as she forgot to bring me a drink I ordered during dinner. When we were ordering desert, I told her to cancel my previous drink order and bring me a tea instead, there was no apology or acknowledgement. To make it worse, she never came back to refill our water glasses so I was drinkless through dinner and resorted to pouring water from my kids' glasses into mine.
Despite the service, I still recommend this restaurant as I've been there 3 times now and this is the first time we've encountered bad service so I'll give the. The benefit of the doubt.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Dining at the Wildfire Grill is great...the food such high quality and with great service, makes for a good night out

1  Thank G_Mervin