We had come to the resort in July 2011. We had booked months in advance and during the reservation let it be known we were needing a wheelchair accessable room and a room for 5 as we have small children at which time were told that would not be a problem. When getting to the resort, less than 10% of the resort is accessable to wheelchairs and strollers, sadly we could not get into alot of the restaurants and the one we could get into the service was poor, the food was ok at best and over priced for what was given. In the room for wheelchair accessablilty, the bathroom have no bars to help with getting on and off the toilet or in and out of the tub and the bed is so high off the floor you could not get yourself onto it. The microwave was to high to reach and so were all of the cupboards. For a family room there were not enough towels, the rooms are only cIeaned once in three days, and there were not any blankets for the pullout bed. If order to get to the kids pool there were three sets of stairs we needed to find our way up; hard to do with a stroller. There was a kids climbing wall and bouncy castle, however only the parents who booked adventure packages could have their kids use them. (something we were not told about at time of bookings ) all in all if we had known all that we know now, with the rooms and resort not truly being wheelchair accessable as we were told, and not being family friendly we could have made other arrangements and spent our thousands of dollars somewhere else. It was very fustrating, disappointing and a waste of money. I would not recommend it to anyone. The new mgmt here has their work cut of for them if they expect to turn this resort into something worth while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the B.C. Rockies, Panorama Mountain Village is a family year-round resort. During the winter season Panorama features true slope side lodging with one of North America’s biggest vertical descents. Panorama offers daily shuttle service from the Calgary International Airport. The winter brings skiers from afar in search of Rocky Mountain powder and Panorama’s famed long groomed cruisers. The mountain is over 4000 vertical feet and has nearly 3000 acres of terrain. From the resort, guests can also Nordic ski, snowshoe, snowmobile and relax in Canada’s largest slope side hot pools.Also operating right out of the Village is rk heliski. Over 40 years of experience in the back country ensure safe and unforgettable skiing. rk heli-ski specializes in heli-ski adventures for intermediate and first time heli-skiers. During the summer season Panorama is home to the acclaimed Greywolf Golf Course. Designed by talented Canadian architect Doug Carrick, who has built many of Canada's best courses in the past decade, Greywolf features many holes that will be seared in your memory bank for a long time. Panorama is also home to the Panorama Bike Park. The park has a number of downhill trails to challenge riders of all levels. There are endless opportunities for family fun activities including: kids adventure camp, horseback riding, ATV tours, white water rafting, hiking, cross-country biking, mini-golf, fishing and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Panorama Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panorama Mountain Village Hotel Panorama
- Mountain Village Hotel Panorama
- Mountain Village Resort Panorama