I have to agree with the previous review in all respects. However, this is pretty typical of ski resorts in the summer. Don't expect much more than a room and a bed.
When I booked a week at Panorama, I did so knowing that it would be somewhat isolated with few amenities. I planned to use it as a base for trips into Banff and the other national parks close by. That worked fine. A lot of driving, but worth it.
However, I did expect to have drinking water available in my unit, provided by the resort. When a resort accepts your reservation, the resort has an obligation to provide clean drinking water as part of the emplied contract with the renter. At the very least they have an obligation to inform the renter in advance of the problem and the requirement of the renter to provide his/her own drinking water. (I called a week in advance to confirm the reservation and the water problem was not mentioned.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the B.C. Rockies, Panorama Mountain Village is a family year-round resort. During the winter season Panorama features true slope side lodging with one of North America’s biggest vertical descents. Panorama offers daily shuttle service from the Calgary International Airport. The winter brings skiers from afar in search of Rocky Mountain powder and Panorama’s famed long groomed cruisers. The mountain is over 4000 vertical feet and has nearly 3000 acres of terrain. From the resort, guests can also Nordic ski, snowshoe, snowmobile and relax in Canada’s largest slope side hot pools.Also operating right out of the Village is rk heliski. Over 40 years of experience in the back country ensure safe and unforgettable skiing. rk heli-ski specializes in heli-ski adventures for intermediate and first time heli-skiers. During the summer season Panorama is home to the acclaimed Greywolf Golf Course. Designed by talented Canadian architect Doug Carrick, who has built many of Canada's best courses in the past decade, Greywolf features many holes that will be seared in your memory bank for a long time. Panorama is also home to the Panorama Bike Park. The park has a number of downhill trails to challenge riders of all levels. There are endless opportunities for family fun activities including: kids adventure camp, horseback riding, ATV tours, white water rafting, hiking, cross-country biking, mini-golf, fishing and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Panorama Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panorama Mountain Village Hotel Panorama
- Mountain Village Hotel Panorama
- Mountain Village Resort Panorama